Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went out to the garage to throw something away, my car was making a low light rattling noise in the rear of the vehicle?! I hadn't used the car for over 5 hours. I opened and closed all doors, then opened and closed the hatchback..after that the sound went away.
No idea...maybe I had a door ajar?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was definitely the car. only thing i can think is that the key was being depressed in my big ol purse on the hatch release and it was essentially quivering off on... my purse is in the house but very close to garage...i should try to recreate...in any case it hasnt happened again and my commute was fine today

·
Registered
354 Posts
Paintgirl said:
It was definitely the car. only thing i can think is that the key was being depressed in my big ol purse on the hatch release and it was essentially quivering off on... my purse is in the house but very close to garage...i should try to recreate...in any case it hasnt happened again and my commute was fine today
I noticed ours doing that one night & not sure why..I had went to throw away some trash & heard it...it quit after a bit & haven't heard it since..so not sure what it was but everything seems to work fine

·
Registered
500 Posts
I recall reading a thread on this in another forum. I don't recall exactly from where the sound was coming, but the consensus was that it was a natural part of the vehicle, was working as intended, and the sound was mentioned in the manual. I'll see if I can find the thread.

·
Registered
927 Posts
HOLY CRAP did it get derailed... lol!!!

Here is what you need from it....

From the XV Owners Manual

Noise from under the vehicle (this emanates from the back of the car)

NOTE You may hear a noise from under the vehicle approximately 5 to 10 hours after the engine is turned off. However, this does not indicate a malfunction. This noise is caused by the operation of the fuel evaporation leakage checking system and is normal. The noise will stop after approximately 15 minutes.

*** this noise can begin shortly after turning off the car as reported by many on other forums. It has been described on other forums as the fuel pump still running, hissing like in a leak, electric motor running.***

·
Registered
354 Posts
Xtrekr said:

NOTE You may hear a noise from under the vehicle approximately 5 to 10 hours after the engine is turned off. However, this does not indicate a malfunction. This noise is caused by the operation of the fuel evaporation leakage checking system and is normal. The noise will stop after approximately 15 minutes.

*** this noise can begin shortly after turning off the car as reported by many on other forums. It has been described on other forums as the fuel pump still running, hissing like in a leak, electric motor running.***
Good to know I'm not losing my mind!lol Thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Re: Re: Rear Vibration Sound Just sitting in Garage turned off

Xtrekr said:

Interesting. At least it's normal!

- Sent from my RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
15 Posts
LOL, I'm so glad I had read this awhile ago. My husband just about went nuts trying to figure out what he was hearing out in the garage, and I showed him this post.

Thanks again, belatedly, for posting this info!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member here. Thank heaven for this thread. I just went into the garage and heard the same noise. Scared the bejesus out of me till I read this. Thanks to everyone who posted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts