Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I called my dealer and aparently Subaru Canada hasn’t done anything about it yet.
I offered to forward the email to the parts guy. Ha!

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
The service guy looked me up at the dealership where I bought it. I took early delivery Oct 2017.

I ordered it while it was still floating here from Japan.

I will look it up myself thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I brought my Subaru in for the ignition coil recall this past Saturday. I didn't realize it was "simply" a software update. Took about 45 mins.
Phew....I was thinking they would be ripping into the engine....etc...
Regards,
Keith

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just checked the NHTSA recall site again and my 2019 (built in July) doesn't show any recalls. How'd you know yours was part of the recall?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just checked the NHTSA recall site again and my 2019 (built in July) doesn't show any recalls. How'd you know yours was part of the recall?
I have the MySubaru app on my phone...(for starting the car, etc) Anyway, it alerted me that my car was affected. Same with my husband's. His goes in this weekend.
-Keith

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have opened the MySubaru App ( the featureless Canadian version ).
All it notes so far was the Dec 2018 HK headunit/maps upgrade (WUA-86). I did this myself, but had it recorded by my dealer so my car was listed as upgraded in this regard.
Holding tight for a December announcement if any.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have opened the MySubaru App ( the featureless Canadian version ).
All it notes so far was the Dec 2018 HK headunit/maps upgrade (WUA-86). I did this myself, but had it recorded by my dealer so my car was listed as upgraded in this regard.
Holding tight for a December announcement if any.
Oh really? :eek: That's unfortunate about the MySubaru app. I'm shocked that it's so different here in the states than it is in Canada.
With mine here, not only can I start the car, you can locate it with a satellite screen shot or street shot, lock & unlock doors.....flash lights and or horn....it has a vehicle status check too; service reminders, recalls, condition report which tells you if all systems are functioning correctly...tells you tire pressure...current mpg/odometer reading, distance range left based on how much gas you have.

It makes no sense that you don't have that! :mad:

-Keith

·
Registered
328 Posts
Remote start via satellite would have been nice. Alas Canadian life gets priced in US $s and we also have less competition.
We pay more but get less in regards to Subaru.

XM traffic data via satellite sucks Anyway, it’s painfully slow. I also cannot stand XM I’m an Apple Music guy.
CarPlay/iOS version of TomTom Go gets traffic data much faster via cellular and can literally drive circles around the built in TomTom/XM traffic combo wich I assume is a part of full on on-star.
The only thing the built in GPS can do witch a cellphone based GPS can’t,
It’s to accurately predict the direction the car is pointed before it moves.
Nice if the External GPS antenna was better routed via CarPlay.
Maybe someday such thoughtless exclusions will no longer plague us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
recall

my phone app alerted me to the recall. called the dealership last week and they got me in on Monday. 45 minutes later I was on my way. I guess it was just a software programming check.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just had my 2018 in for the Recall. I had finally received the notification in the mail from Subaru. There were three apparently. One was the "PCV Valve". The valve needs to be replaced. This is the one that if it failed, they have to replace the entire engine. The second was "Ignition coil reprogramming". The third was "Brake hose swelling campaign". They replaced all brake lines. All turned out good with my car.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just got the recall letter for the ignition coil on my 2019 Limited (Canadian). Said no parts available at this time and another letter would be sent when they are available.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just got the recall letter for the ignition coil on my 2019 Limited (Canadian). Said no parts available at this time and another letter would be sent when they are available.
I got the two notices. Otherwise the car seems fine.
Hopefully these minor glitches get fixed without a hitch.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Got an Appointment fo the 3 recalls for the 19th. Ignition reprogramming, pcv valve replacement and break lines.
I do the head unit form ware myself.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Done !
Seems fine .
virtual fly wheel effect was lessened.
Revs seem to drop off faster with maybe slightly lower idle.

I’m relived cause I just invested so much time breaking in this engine @ 30 k km .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts