Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2018 Crosstrek used from a Toyota dealer a couple months ago and have been enjoying it immensely. Yesterday, while trying to lock the doors with thick mittens on my OEM key fob, the car started up. I had no idea the car had a remote start installed in it and the problem is I cant get it to replicate. Since it starts with a OEM fob and not a dedicated remote start fob, I assume its an aftermarket install. Does anyone have any advice on how to determine what brand it is, and/or what the key fob sequence is to get it to start? (I tried pressing lock three times but that doesnt seem to do anything). I also went to the car this morning and the passenger window somehow opened all the way - is that also a remote option?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try this,

REMOTE ENGINE START - Ensure the Access key (FACTORY transmitter) is removed from the vehicle, the engine hood, all doors and trunk or hatch are closed. Press the LOCK button on the Access key one (1) time to lock the vehicle doors. Press the START button on the remote start transmitter two (2) times within three (3) seconds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have a START button. It started using the standard Subaru key (lock, unlock, trunk, panic).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Okay, if you only have the original, press lock a total of 3 times. Release briefly after the first 2 times, then hold down the 3rd press until the car acknowledges and starts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
With the regular fob there is a rhythm to the three button presses for the lock button.
A few things to know. The red light will blink on the fob to let you know it has worked.
The head lights will come on.
The horn will chirp three times.

If you open any door the car will shut off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After trying many different sequences, I succeeded in getting it to work with lock-unlock-lock. I saw this combo on an old thread from 2015. I think the starter was branded as an audio vox. Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is no red LED to blink on a standard key fob... at least not on any of the 40 or 50 different fobs I have seen...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here is a link to a factory key fob for 2018 subaru crosstrek with remote start.

I have the remote start fobs, but instead I just use the factory keyless entry fob by pressing the lock button 3 times to start my car. The led indicates that the car receives the command as they are transmit and receive fobs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts