Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 model. Adding an amp and looking for a good remote wire, preferably a short run to an existing fused circuit.

I know a few locations but haven't found a lot of confirmation on what works well or a good interior wiring diagram.

• 10a accessory fuse (says ACC on fuse panel)
  • 20a 12v plug found in the back of the center console (this is what I'm attempting to use)
  • Add or jump an existing circuit, including the 2 above, with a fuse adder you get at a parts store, then run the wire to the amp.
My amp #1 is under the passenger seat. The remote wire has 2 connections so I can run from there to my rear sub amp. As it is right now, the 4 channel amp #1 comes on because it's receiving a hi-level signal from the stock hu. Amp #2 doesn't come on, however, and is connected via RCA to the front #1.

Since I want to use the 20a 12v plug, borrowing its existing wire run to within 1' of my amp #1, I'm trying to determine which wire is hot before cutting. I just want to cut once. There's a black & a yellow-white. Should be simple enough but I've checked each lead with my multimeter and couldn't get voltage. Maybe I didn't get good contact - or maybe the plug has to be plugged in to carry voltage.

Either way, if anyone knows is there any reason not to use this wire/circuit? And which one is the 12v power wire (since my amp is grounded)?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It was the yellow-white wire. It works, too! And this is now the second time I forgot about the "Hold" button on my multimeter, otherwise I would've been able to measure it before asking this question, lol. 12 volts, when the car is on or in the equivalent of "run" (for those like me with a button instead of key)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts