Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, id like to see if theres a way to upgrade or replace the radio console unit in the 2016 crosstrek. id like to be able to see my android cell phone on the radio console screen, thus my android apps, maps, navigation, podcasts, audible, etc... everything i use on my android, id like to use the radio touch screen to interface... im also not a fan of the current bluetooth to android connection, it works, but doenst handle much (i.e. while im bluetooth connected, and listening to an audible book, the maps navigation, cuts into the when it needs to make a navigation instruction, NUT i cannot hear it, its blank, just silence for a few seconds where the navigation instructions would be, but since audible is playing, irts silent. when i turn off the audible book or pause it, the navigation sounds right...

thus, i was hoping to find some form of radio unit upgrade that others have done or use.
thanks
mm

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
hi, id like to see if theres a way to upgrade or replace the radio console unit in the 2016 crosstrek. id like to be able to see my android cell phone on the radio console screen, thus my android apps, maps, navigation, podcasts, audible, etc... everything i use on my android, id like to use the radio touch screen to interface... im also not a fan of the current bluetooth to android connection, it works, but doenst handle much (i.e. while im bluetooth connected, and listening to an audible book, the maps navigation, cuts into the when it needs to make a navigation instruction, NUT i cannot hear it, its blank, just silence for a few seconds where the navigation instructions would be, but since audible is playing, irts silent. when i turn off the audible book or pause it, the navigation sounds right...

thus, i was hoping to find some form of radio unit upgrade that others have done or use.

thanks

mm

There are tons of options that do what to are looking for.

www.crutchfield.com is a great resource for this, you'll want to search for one listed as "Android Auto Compatible." I believe Pioneer makes one that's highly rated within the Crosstrek community. Alpine has also made several highly recommended units that are Android Auto and/or Apple CarPlay compatible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RallyBourne

thanks rallyBourne, ill look for the pioneer on cruthchfields site...
i thought id be able to do a search on this site for any posts/replies to this keywords/topic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi, i took a look at he crutchfield site, and there were som any there, i just need to call them somethime to narrow down what i want. plus alot fo the prices were upto the 500-1000 from what i noticed.
m

·
Registered
2 Posts
Most radios that support android auto cost upwards of $400.

Was navigation a dedicated feature you were looking for in your unit, or did you plan on using navigation through android auto?

If you have a bestbuy close to you, they usually have display units on the wall that you can play around with and test the features. Apple Carplay is phenomonal, though android auto needs to expand its feature functionality in my opinion.

If you have any questions about it, let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts