Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering getting replacement wheels and tires either next week or in August. I'm experiencing faint difficulty in road grip while driving my Crosstek. I think it is only fair to replace my stock tires since I've noticed signs of deterioration and wearing. I need help deciding which kind of tires should get. My initial choice would be a set of all-weather tires but I'm considering street tires as well. I want tires that would last at least 50,000 miles and would go well with black milled wheels. Thank you.

Registered
I went with Nokian WRG3 4 season tires. Eliminated the twice a year tire change. They worked great this past winter in snow. I believe they have a WRG4 version now. I went with these because being retired now I'm driving about half the distance I was when I worked. Just something to consider.馃槂

Registered
I'm considering getting replacement wheels and tires either next week or in August. I'm experiencing faint difficulty in road grip while driving my Crosstek. I think it is only fair to replace my stock tires since I've noticed signs of deterioration and wearing. I need help deciding which kind of tires should get. My initial choice would be a set of all-weather tires but I'm considering street tires as well. I want tires that would last at least 50,000 miles and would go well with black milled wheels. Thank you.
My 18 Crosstrek Limited, the OEM tires lasted only 24,000 miles with regular rotation. They weren't the greatest in the snow. I bought General Altimax RT43 with a 65,000 mile warranty. Had them almost a year, and they are more quiet then the OEM's. Haven't had much snow in PA this past year so I don't know snow performance but from what I read from other people they were great in the snow.

Registered
I put General AltiMAX RT43 Radial Tire on my 2014 last time I like them I have studded snows on steel wheels for the winter to deal with an icy hill in my driveway. The General are quiet wearing well and fell solid on the road in any weather they've been in.

Registered
Spoiled with Continental extremes for my VW beetle, cooper dealer talked me into Cooper all-season tires. Only drawback is stiff rubber so they don't ride quite as quietly; but they wear well and very good in snow.

Registered
Just put a set of Falken Wild Peaks on my '14. I've driven about 200 miles city and highway and so far like the feel. Seem much more responsive than the OEM's. They're also very quiet at speed, no worse than the factory tires.

I don't plan to off road with them but its nice to know they're there if the need arises. My main reason for choosing them is better snow traction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts