Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these cars "learn" your driving style and I want to be able to reset this and start over. Part of the problem is it never really got out of break in mode, things loosened up a little around 7500 miles but not what I was hoping. In both of my last two cars you could pull a fuse for 30 seconds and the ECU would reset. I don't want to disconnect the battery and have to reprogram my NAV and radio settings.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
gravitylover said:
I know these cars "learn" your driving style and I want to be able to reset this and start over. Part of the problem is it never really got out of break in mode, things loosened up a little around 7500 miles but not what I was hoping. In both of my last two cars you could pull a fuse for 30 seconds and the ECU would reset. I don't want to disconnect the battery and have to reprogram my NAV and radio settings.
Wish I could help but I'm not sure, either. I've always heard the disconnect battery overnight thing, but it sounds like you don't want to have to go that route, understandably.

·
Registered
927 Posts
It would be great to find this out. I did this on my Jeep when I modified it and it helped a bit with my style of driving learned in the ECM. It does take about 50 starts ( in the Jeep) and XXX miles to complete the cycle.

You could disco the battery... but that's a pain to reset everything.... especially the NAV HU... if it doesn't have a B/U battery ( it should ) to save all the settings, data and voice profiles...

I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that my driving habits are TOTALLY different right now during the break-in period. What it's learning now is 'LIL OL LADY' from the way I will normally drive it.... so it makes sense to 'flash' the memory and let it relearn NORMAL ( for you ) DRIVING HABITS after the break-in

·
Registered
927 Posts
I hear ya... I'll help you search. I need to know as well

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
could you just disconnect the ecu for a little while?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Battery disconnect might be the only way maybe. I used to just hold the brakes on my S2000 to discharge the system, and I would touch pos and neg battery leads (with battery disconnected) on my Silverado. I'm new to Subarus so I don't know if there might be a painless way.

·
Registered
611 Posts
To reset the ECU or PCM you can ether disconnect battery for 30 sec. or pull number 13 fuse located in the engine compartment, next to the battery. When you remove fuse box cover, it's location is the row of fuses near the fender. From the battery the 3rd one back, again next to the fender.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts