Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of today (9/22/22) I 've the car for a week now, it's the base model in pearl white.
I traded in a 2011 Forester (also manual) as it was beginning it's moneypit death spiral.
Being a manual Crossover it does not have the Eyesight system or nay of the other associated driver assist nannies, which was a big selling point for me (doesn't even have a sunroof).
The wife has a decked out 2021 CX-5 that drives me up a wall when I drive it.

The other car sitting in storage for the moment is 1990 Miata - Van Halen theme - some in the Richmond area might recognize it, she my little autocrosser.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
20 Posts
You’ve had quite the driving experiences! I’ve had a ‘79 911SC and an ‘86 Carrera over the years. Now it’s the 2023 Crosstrek (with all the sissy stuff you’ve passed on) and a 2009 Benz SLK300, which is great fun and pretty darned reliable.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Miata you see here is the same one in the first pic up top, the Earl Scheib paint went from Viper red to pink a few years after I bought it. So the wife and I got creative with some Krylon spray paint.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a Volvo phase too, about 30 years ago mind you.
I don't have the actual pics handy but I found identical pics online;
first is the Bertone' Coupe and the other is an 1800ES

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive parking light

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Basically what I need is a house with garage to work in.
Working on that.
The company that makes the kit is called Factory Five Racing, the kit model is the 818C, 818 being the weight in kilograms. FFR provides the space frame, body shell, and various other parts.
The builder needs a donor WRX or Impreza for some the suspension and drivetrain.
The engine and trans go to the back of the car, making it mid-engine.

Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts