Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks, AWDfreak, that was a great post with a lot of useful info when on the scene of an accident. It is important to understand and put into practice if needed. However, I guarantee that most of us will not remember all the points and steps a month from now unless we review it regularly. But there is a way...

I am a pilot, and we use checklists for different phases of flight and emergency situations. It is just a very short point form set of instructions/statements, to recall the detail of the tasks to be performed. Examples are: Transponder...Set, Gear Position...Down, etc, etc. Anyway, made me think that these safety points could be condensed into several word points on a small card and left in the console tray. There could be several cards, actually, for different situations, which would help ensure that proper procedure is followed and something isn't missed.

Just a suggestion, if AWDfreak would like to add a post to this sticky thread that could provide a set of short point words that could fit on a card checklist for various emergency or unusual situations. Even something as simple as changing a tire.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
That's an excellent idea! I already made a basic template for the pre-drive inspection that I put on my sunvisor, which looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/6qTdCYq.png

I will need some time to condense the article into a small placard with a checklist...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great start with that placard. On #4, I would add gas cap. I have seen way too many drive off after a gas fill, and forgetting to close their gas door.

And good to emphasize the tire check. I do that regularly, as I have been burned in the past by a tire leak (screws).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts