Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the my first 4-door vehicle. With that said I just noticed yesterday, if you roll down the (2) back windows all the way down the pressure in the car changes so much it messes with my hearing.

Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
andthereyouare said:
This is the my first 4-door vehicle. With that said I just noticed yesterday, if you roll down the (2) back windows all the way down the pressure in the car changes so much it messes with my hearing.

Is this normal?
Yes. It happens to all the vehicles I have ridden in. Gotta have all the windows open (even partially) to reduce the pressure instability that gives your ears hell.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If I roll them only 1-2", I don't notice anything. More than that, and it's a disconcerting beating of pressure on my ear drums. Very unnerving! This is my first vehicle with power rear windows, so I never knew it could be an issue. Now I know why our old mini-van had windows that pushed out to open in the back!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
webcricket said:
If I roll them only 1-2", I don't notice anything. More than that, and it's a disconcerting beating of pressure on my ear drums. Very unnerving! This is my first vehicle with power rear windows, so I never knew it could be an issue. Now I know why our old mini-van had windows that pushed out to open in the back!
I found the same with 1-2" down -- nothing noticeable. However, anything more and it's like a helicopter landing in your car. This DOES happen with any other 4-door I've been in, but I would say the aerodynamics of the Crosstrek must make it a little more pronounced.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good, so I'm not going crazy. Cool!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If the back windows are down all the way you can stop that noise by cracking the front windows just an inch or so. Or have your dog's head hanging out the window and it doesn't happen either.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Here is a sales pitch, the Subaru Window Deflectors significantly cut back on the thumping. They almost eliminates it completely with the front windows closed and the rears open to whatever opening that you desire.

Dan

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The said:
Here is a sales pitch, the Subaru Window Deflectors significantly cut back on the thumping. They almost eliminates it completely with the front windows closed and the rears open to whatever opening that you desire.
Really, that's interesting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
XVD.C. said:
If the back windows are down all the way you can stop that noise by cracking the front windows just an inch or so. Or have your dog's head hanging out the window and it doesn't happen either.
Funny you mention that. That's exactly how I know my dog no longer has his head out the window. While it's pretty loud in the Crosstrek, it's even worse in my wife's Corolla

·
Registered
128 Posts
wait a second, you can roll down the front windows?? with the key fob??

what do you press? on my old car i just held the unlock button and the front windows went down. no such thing on the Crosstrek

1 - 12 of 12 Posts