Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow southern Californians! This Friday (well actually every Friday) we will have a meet on Mission Bay Road just north of the Hilton San Diego. It's a parking lot not very far from Hilton, you will see a bunch of Subies out there parked. All Subies welcome! It's a family friendly environment too. We usually meet at 6PM every Friday and go about whatever activities have been planned for that day.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I need a good excuse to go to SoCal someday to check out this meet...

Up here in the SF Bay Area, I haven't quite gotten the same kind of warmhearted sense of community from most local Subaru drivers.

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
I need a good excuse to go to SoCal someday to check out this meet...

Up here in the SF Bay Area, I haven't quite gotten the same kind of warmhearted sense of community from most local Subaru drivers.

Dang, I'm up in NorCal every three weeks for work. I was hoping to go to a meet every so often while up there...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd love to check this out one of these days. Im in the Inland Empire but def need to make the drove down there. It's every Friday too? Is there a website or IG where updates are posted?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd love to check this out one of these days. Im in the Inland Empire but def need to make the drove down there. It's every Friday too? Is there a website or IG where updates are posted?
Facebook page is San Diego Subies Meets. The IG is sandiegosubies. If you are in yhe IE area there is IE Subies I believe. We will be rolling with them to S3 this Sunday to Port Hueneme.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And yes it is every Friday

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here are a couple of pictures from a big car meet at the Fuddruckers in Mira Mesa. These pictures were from June 26th. This is a once a month car meet for any cars, every last Thursdays of the month. Fun meet and a great place to meet new people. We don't do any burnouts, revving any stuff like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
looks cool. I have been going to the Carlsbad cars and coffee, but they do burnouts and engine reving. Im not a huge fan of that stuff. Ironically, its mostly the rich guys with Ferraris and lambos and stuff.

I may have to check this one out. Is this a different meet than the one on Fridays?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks cool. I have been going to the Carlsbad cars and coffee, but they do burnouts and engine reving. Im not a huge fan of that stuff. Ironically, its mostly the rich guys with Ferraris and lambos and stuff.

I may have to check this one out. Is this a different meet than the one on Fridays?
If we get some motorcycles they are the only ones that do the revs. And this is different from the weekly Friday meets. I'm waiting on confirmation for this coming Friday because of the holiday.

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts

That's something that really bothers me. Yes, burnouts are cool. And yes, your engine sounds awesome. But we, in Southern California, are so unbelievably lucky in the number of safe and legal outlets we have, there is no excuse for that on public roads. We have RaceLegal in SD for Drag, Adams in Riverside for Drift, SCCA in SD for AutoX, Glen Helen in IE for RallyX, AAA Speedway in Fontana and Adams in Riverside for Circuit. And that's just off the top of my head. There are so many outlets for whatever type of racing you're into. Maybe I'm crazy, but occasionally, I just want to LOOK AT and ADMIRE cars for their shape and beauty, not for their performance.

/rant

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's something that really bothers me. Yes, burnouts are cool. And yes, your engine sounds awesome. But we, in Southern California, are so unbelievably lucky in the number of safe and legal outlets we have, there is no excuse for that on public roads. We have RaceLegal in SD for Drag, Adams in Riverside for Drift, SCCA in SD for AutoX, Glen Helen in IE for RallyX, AAA Speedway in Fontana and Adams in Riverside for Circuit. And that's just off the top of my head. There are so many outlets for whatever type of racing you're into. Maybe I'm crazy, but occasionally, I just want to LOOK AT and ADMIRE cars for their shape and beauty, not for their performance.

/rant

LOL that's exactly how I feel. I also generally take my kids to these things and it just doesn't feel safe sometimes.

I do know that the event organizers have cameras videoing the lot when people leave. They will report you to the authorities, but it doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent. They also post a still shot of your car on the FB page banning you.

Still, people continue to show up and do it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I feel the same here too. People do effort so people won't do stuff like that a s get un in trouble. So far it's been great and everyone is having fun. The group here in Fuddruckers don't encourage those kind of behaviours.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update for this Friday: there is no official meet due to the holiday and people making plans for the weekend however some people are planning to meet and do something. I will update this week as soon as I get more information.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If anyone's interested this where we are meeting tonight for a Cars and Paws donation event. 4840 Shawline St, San Diego 92111

1 - 20 of 21 Posts