Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally made it over to the city for a little adventure. The wife and I got a "Stairway Walks in San Francisco" book for Christmas and decided to head over there last Saturday.

The Crosstrek managed the infamous hills of San Francisco just fine. The CVT did a fine job of providing power during the steep climbs and never felt under powered. It was a fine example of the little engine that could.

I didn't get out and take photos on the steep sections, but here's a shot of both my babies at the beginning of our stairway walk. Beautiful day, beautiful city, beautiful company, beautiful car.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
That sounds like something I would dream of... fun times I would imagine!

Any plans to try out the XV on the local mountain passes? (such as Calaveras Road, Page Mill Road/Alpine Road, Pacific Coast Highway, etc)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We made a road trip up to Mendocino via the 128 and the 1, but we didn't hit any of the single lane roads. The Pumpkin handled great and loved the curves. Quite a bit more body roll than my Corvette, though. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Moonray13 said:
We made a road trip up to Mendocino via the 128 and the 1, but we didn't hit any of the single lane roads. The Pumpkin handled great and loved the curves. Quite a bit more body roll than my Corvette, though. ;D
It's always fun to hit up the legendary Highway 1. As for body roll, I just think it's a Subaru thing to get used to ;)

·
Registered
714 Posts
spyder720 said:
I'm still getting used to the hill assist; definitely comes in handy since I have the manual transmission.
Only the manual transmission cars use hill assist. It takes a bit to get used to powering through the brakes to get rolling sometimes but it can be really useful! It's easy to slip the clutch with hill assist though so be careful.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Subir_roo said:
spyder720 said:
I'm still getting used to the hill assist; definitely comes in handy since I have the manual transmission.
Only the manual transmission cars use hill assist. It takes a bit to get used to powering through the brakes to get rolling sometimes but it can be really useful! It's easy to slip the clutch with hill assist though so be careful.
I could have sworn that the CVT had a hill assist as well. Obviously most automatics are pretty strong on hills as their idle will inch them forward or at least hold them in place, but I thought the Crosstrek CVT had an additional hill assist, too, for those super steep inclines.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Maybe they did put it on the newer autos. I know the older ones did not have it. I suppose it's possible, that or maybe they use throttle bypass to simply apply some power to the trans to keep you from rolling?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts