Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When listening to a CD (and maybe true for USB as well, I haven't tested yet), you can hit the TEXT button and it will give you options to show Album Title, Artist Title or Song Title. However, one issue I am having is that if the title of the album/artist/song is longer than the little radio readout display, the text doesn't scroll and you can't read the entire name.

This is rather annoying to me since I listen to a wide variety of music both from my collection as well as others' who give me new stuff to try out. If I can't read the full name of a song or artist it really bugs me.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the text automatically (or even manually) scroll on the display to readout the entire titles? I am guessing the same issue is true for the Imprezas.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AWDfreak said:
If you press the "TEXT" button again and hold it, the title will be scrolled so you can see all of it.
From 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Owner's Manual, online copy of section here, found at page 5-19 http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/69529/pdf/ownerManual/069529_2013_XVCrosstrek/MSA5M1317ASTIS_12.pdf

Subaru Owner's Manuals can be obtained online through here: http://www.subaru.com/owners/resource-center/owners-manuals/index.html
Oh, wow, thank you! I was even reading through the audio section of the owner's manual last night and must have just skimmed over that part. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Yeah it happens. The Owner's Manual is helpful, but there are so many warnings that it ends up being so difficult to find what you're looking for. That's why I use digital copies to find what I'm looking for, CTRL + F works wonders :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Now i am having a scrolling issue. When listening to FM radio, station/artist/song would scroll. Now it is like it froze up. If i mess with the "text" button, i can get station, then artist, then song to "page" but it will not scroll. Wife is mad at me. I drove it for a day, she says i broke it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok....... the scrolling page is working properly. It appears a broadcasting issue may have caused the radio display to freeze up.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mifiremedic said:
Ok....... the scrolling page is working properly. It appears a broadcasting issue may have caused the radio display to freeze up.
I don't know about where you are from, but here in LA it depends greatly on the radio station. Some stations it broadcasts the song information just fine while others it seems to not come through or be a jumbled mess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts