Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on another forum too, but here goes...

Up front, I'm a "gear hound"...it is that way in my military life, and it is that way with my toys too. So, when I got my XV, I knew I was going to be ordering a bunch of accessories to add to my car. Seat back protectors were on that list, but fortunately, the dealer said that would be included with the car...but they had to be ordered.

Well, when I went back to get my side molding and seat back protectors installed, they found the seat back protectors were the wrong ones. So, they were going to ship mine to me...after 3 weeks, they arrived yesterday. Apparently, the warehouses were backed up due to volume requests for the protectors.

Anyhow, when I opened the box, the seat back protectors do not look like the right ones. The ones I expected have three rectangular cutouts in the back, to allow access to the tiedowns mounted in the back of the seats. These have no cutouts.

Are these Imprezza protectors, or ????

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
I dunno if they're impreza protectors, but they're definitely wrong. Mine have the three cutouts for the car seat tethers

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Regarding pics....yes and no Yes, I have photos of the protectors my dealership sent me. No, I haven't figured out how to post photos on this forum. Do I really have to upload them to a photo sharing, online program in order to post on this forum???

As an update to my original post...I talked to my dealership today, and we compared part numbers. The protectors they sent me are Outback seat protectors. They said there are 700 XV seat back protectors floating around in the USA, so mine will be in on Monday. Which means, I'll get another box to open next Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Skidder said:
Regarding pics....yes and no Yes, I have photos of the protectors my dealership sent me. No, I haven't figured out how to post photos on this forum. Do I really have to upload them to a photo sharing, online program in order to post on this forum???

As an update to my original post...I talked to my dealership today, and we compared part numbers. The protectors they sent me are Outback seat protectors. They said there are 700 XV seat back protectors floating around in the USA, so mine will be in on Monday. Which means, I'll get another box to open next Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I don't think so...at the bottom of you new post there is a option to upload existing pics or take a new pic. That's how I do it anyway. Sounds like you're getting your problem solved. This is the first car I've owned with seat back protectors and I love them.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Re: Re: Seat Back Protectors

Skidder said:

Sorry to hear about all the unneeded trouble with the seat back protectors, seems like they could get it right the first time.

As for images, there is an option to Add Attachment when you make a new reply. You can also use a free image service like imgur.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
05Train, Yeah, it is weird that with so few models here in the US, there are so many differences in how they arrive at the dealership.

Mine (the make/model/price the dealer and I agreed on) 'came' with the mats/protectors too...sorta. The car had just arrived at the dealership, and they hadn't had a chance to throw on the extra stuff to make it "the model" I wanted. Too bad for me...but it has quickly made me more of an XV 'expert' than anyone at the dealership. Ha.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got my rear seatback protector after I got my XV. I ordered online from one of the OEM parts places. If I remember correctly, the packaging it came in was labelled for the Impreza, but they do have the tether cut outs and fit perfectly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
webcricket, If they didn't already owe me the protectors, I would have already done the same thing you did. But, since I don't want to let them off the hook...I'll play their game. Ha.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's my install...

First off, just fitting the velcro to see how GREAT they look!!!

Then, after prying out the factory plugs. Note: the top/outer most plug isn't visible from the outside. The plug is inside the carpet. Also, the metal that the plug mount to is VERY pliable. So much so that you really have to be careful when prying out the plugs. I scared myself when one of the plug just pulled the metal up, instead of coming out. If it happens to you, don't loose your cool, it bends right back into shape by simply pushing it down.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And installed, with the plugs mounted. Another note, the instructions say to poke a hole in the carpet with an awl...I just used a box cutter/razor blade. Cleaner than a poked hole, just as effective.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Skidder said:
And installed, with the plugs mounted. Another note, the instructions say to poke a hole in the carpet with an awl...I just used a box cutter/razor blade. Cleaner than a poked hole, just as effective.
Nice play by play on the mats. My dealer keeps telling me there on backorder. I'm going to check out Ebay.

Thanks

·
Registered
800 Posts
I am a HUGE fan of these seat back protectors. I don't know that I'll ever get another car without putting something like this in.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've been waiting since the second week of March to get our protectors. First the dealership said they would be in about a week after purchase....then two weeks...then a month...and now they don't know. Kinda getting old.

We are tempted to buy them from the Subaru website, and if they show up we'll ask the dealership for a refund.

Anyone else having issues with parts like this?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts