Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get my Crosstrek before the new year, I want to get some seat covers on it ASAP. Between me riding dirty (literally) and taking my dog everywhere, I want to protect the seats since it's the first new car im buying. Are there any brands you guys recommend?

Prices seem to range from $50 up to like $400. I am sure it is a case of "you get what you pay for" but I would love some input.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thelosis said:
Thought you always rolled around with those cabby beads on your seat?
i am personally in favor of the thick shag carpet covers. nothing like sitting on those in the dead of summer in the deep south!

serious note though, i don't ever really use seat covers either but those potato posted look good...i know that doesnt help

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thelosis said:
Thought you always rolled around with those cabby beads on your seat?
Hey now! I've heard of the Wet Okole covers before but was hoping there might be a cheaper alternative. I guess it really is a case of you get what you pay for though. I'll probably order some and report back how they do.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Now that I am an owner I am going to check into some covers. The Wet Okole's look great but they don't have Crosstrek listed on their site yet -- would the 2013 Impreza covers work?

Maybe I'll just go straight through Subaru.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd been researching AWD vehicles for quite some time, but, none seemed to fit the bill; until Subaru gave us the XV Crosstrek. I immediately took a trip to the local Subaru dealership and found a venetian red pearl model with moonroof. I loved the color;, but, was disappointed to learn that this color scheme was only available with an ivory interior, which was my only issue with the vehicle. What were they thinking? After learning about Wet Okole's seat covers and reading the overwhelmingly positive feedback by their customers, I bought my Crosstrek in mid-November and immediately purchased a set of Wet Okole front and rear seat covers (part number: 2283). The quality is outstanding and I consider them to be an upgrade over the OEM seats. When people see the car, it's typically the seat covers that get their attention (I ordered "charcoal with red half-piping"). The seat pattern is the same that's used on the Impreza; however, with the current design, the tie-downs on the back of the rear seat are inaccessible. After I sent Wet Okole's pattern maker pictures of my seats, to verify that they could make these covers (this was their first XV Crosstrek), he pointed out the discrepancy with the tie-downs and suggested that if I wanted to order the covers, I could fit them and send back the rear seat-backs, with the placement of the tie-downs outlined or I could wait until someone came into their facility, with a Crosstrek and they finalize the pattern. I decided to order the covers and, needless to say, am extremely pleased with the final product. A friend, who rebuilds classic cars (recently sold a car a Barrett-Jackson), commented that these are the nicest he's ever seen!!! Wet Okole's staff was great to work with and , as noted, these seat covers are definitely an upgrade.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also LOVE the Venetian red pearl and bought one a few weeks ago. It's good to hear you like the Wet Okole's as I just ordered a set myself a few days ago. I leave the rear seats folded down most of the time so I just ordered the fronts. How well do the heated seats work with the covers on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The seat heaters work well, just a little longer to heat up. We were up in the mountains over the weekend (20's - 30's) and were comfortable. You'll be very pleased with them!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just checked out the Wet Okole website. Geez. The questionnaire for the Impreza seat covers is pretty extensive. Felt like I was getting a security background check. Why do they even ask you what make and model you want if they're going to ask another hundred questions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found that the Wet Okole site was pretty overwhelming (to order), so, just called and spoke to customer service. They were very helpful and it went much faster.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll let you know when they arrive. Should be here in about 20 days. I like the fact that they are waterproof because I'm a big snowboarder. Getting into my old car(with leather seats) with snow covered pants wasn't an issue. Having to take my pants off to go grab some lunch real quick is a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Price depends on the accessories/upgrades. I ordered the side and rear pockets on the front seats, half-piping design and their care kit, for a total of about $650 shipped, for front and rear seat covers (delivery was about 3 weeks after they were ordered). Expensive, but, I'm convinced that you won't find better quality. I'm extremely satisfied!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts