Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting for my Desert Khaki to get here. Should be here "the week of the 20th."
I had a 2000 Impreza. Sold it with 215K miles.
I'm super stoked for me Trek to get here.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome and congrats!!!! Waiting is the hardest part.

Your username brought on a chuckle..... gotta a story to share? :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Xtrekr said:
Welcome and congrats!!!! Waiting is the hardest part.

Your username brought on a chuckle..... gotta a story to share? :)
Haa, no fancy story other than I prefer to be barefoot. Years ago I walked in the house bare footed after my lady just finished mopping. She told me to get my dirty little toes off her clean floors.

This waiting it killing me. It is ALL I can think of. I for sure will post some pics.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yesterday I stopped into the dealer on my lunch hour, just to make sure my guy wasn't out sick and didn't call...I am obsessed. They originally told me 3 months...that was bad enough. Then it went to 4 weeks. Is it concerning that I actually took a day off work next week, just in case it comes in before the weekend!?
I have owned 7 cars, but never a NEW one.
"But I want it NOW daddy, I MUST have one now daddy!"

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ClubCrosstrek said:
Welcome and congratulations on the purchase. I have a feeling that you will love your Trek just as much as the rest of us do. Do you plan on doing any type of off-roading/outdoor type things?

Thanks for signing up!
Oh yes of course! I'm an outdoorsy person. Camping, backpacking, off-roadingMy first Subi was a 2000 Outback Impreza that I lifted 3.5" by putting Forester springs and struts, and spring spacers. It was bad a**! I went all over this beautiful state. The Crosstrek is just a 13 year newer factory version of what I had. I have been dreaming of this car for about 3 years...and now I can't sleep because it is almost miiiiiinnnne!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
dirtylittletoes said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
Welcome and congratulations on the purchase. I have a feeling that you will love your Trek just as much as the rest of us do. Do you plan on doing any type of off-roading/outdoor type things?

Thanks for signing up!
Oh yes of course! I'm an outdoorsy person. Camping, backpacking, off-roadingMy first Subi was a 2000 Outback Impreza that I lifted 3.5" by putting Forester springs and struts, and spring spacers. It was bad a**! I went all over this beautiful state. The Crosstrek is just a 13 year newer factory version of what I had. I have been dreaming of this car for about 3 years...and now I can't sleep because it is almost miiiiiinnnne!
Awesome! Any pics of the old ride? I am interested in seeing a jacked up Impreza.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ClubCrosstrek said:
dirtylittletoes said:
ClubCrosstrek said:

Thanks for signing up!
Awesome! Any pics of the old ride? I am interested in seeing a jacked up Impreza.
Somewhere...may take me a day or 5 to find them. I also trimmed the front bumper for better approach. It was my city curb hopper amd my off road buggy. LOVE that car. I was sad to see her go. Sold her because of an engine knock. 213k miles amd I used her well. I'll find the pix.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ClubCrosstrek said:
dirtylittletoes said:
ClubCrosstrek said:

Thanks for signing up!
Here is the last shot I took. You can see the modified front bumper for extra approach. These are smaller tires than I usually run. Short on $$. I usually had a 215/65 R16.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,940 Posts
moar jealous from me

I wish I had done that much adventuring and modifications to my old Outback before the engine decided to stop working.

LOVE the pictures, it truly seems the Subaru XV was destined for you!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AWDfreak said:
moar jealous from me

I wish I had done that much adventuring and modifications to my old Outback before the engine decided to stop working.

LOVE the pictures, it truly seems the Subaru XV was destined for you!!!
She was awesome! SO much fun. That trip I pulled out a Tacoma buried up to his axles in mud. People were quite impressed. I wasn't really because I didn't have a doubt she couldn't. Looking back, I was young and arrogant. I should have been impressed and I am now! I only hope the Scoobi head I sold her to will rebuild her and love her as much as I do. I hope this is the LAST weekend without a Subaru. Driving this ford escape is making me crazy. I'm grateful to have the loaner, but it is getting to the point where I NEED my Subaru.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hey DLT! Love that name! Welcome! First new car huh? That's going to be a great feeling for you when you finally slip behind the wheel....ENJOY ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts