Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think I may have seen one or both of you around on my daily commute.

I'm the weirdo in the Ice Silver that's unusually dirty with the Rally Armor mud flaps, rear fog light, plastidipped grille wing, and yellow colored front fog lights.

·
Registered
80 Posts
AWDfreak said:
I think I may have seen one or both of you around on my daily commute.

I'm the weirdo in the Ice Silver that's unusually dirty with the Rally Armor mud flaps, rear fog light, plastidipped grille wing, and yellow colored front fog lights.
I am pretty sure I have seen you! 8)

If you see a Khaki with dual exhaust cutouts thats me ;) should be getting the exhaust done here soon so I wont have open cutouts for long lol

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Dual exhaust?! Wow, didn't think someone in my area would do that.

When I'm passing by, I'm usually on CA SR-84, or I-580/I-205. Or perhaps Livermore Subaru to buy parts (I've been, uhh, breaking stuff lately).

·
Registered
80 Posts
AWDfreak said:
Dual exhaust?! Wow, didn't think someone in my area would do that.

When I'm passing by, I'm usually on CA SR-84, or I-580/I-205. Or perhaps Livermore Subaru to buy parts (I've been, uhh, breaking stuff lately).
Yeah we had to order the parts for it from Japan and getting a customer muffler set up with one of the local places here. I never thought I would let the hubby talk me into it haha.

Yeah I live here in town so I am all over, 84/580 tend to be part of my route depending on what office I am working out of.

HAHA dont be breaking your car! ;) I tend to drive by the dealership a lot due to Target/Kohls/Kaiser all being over there.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
ComradeKoala said:
"Man" Jose native here. Now I'm in Sacramento because I can actually afford to live out here!

Bicycles? I don't understand...presumably you're older than 10 years old and you already own a car. Bicycles? I'm confused.

Here, watch this PSA, courtesy of Top Gear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Cu1OhQTLs
I commute between the two everyday.

As for bicycles, I guess I never grow up, and I tend to not act my age, so bicycles work great when I don't feel like burning gasoline.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New member/soon to be XV owner here in SJ! Seems like most of the XV community (between here and the other forum) is mostly eastern US and Australia despite how many I see rolling around. I refuse to sign up for NASIOC because of some bad experiences with the group years back, anyone planning on going to BAM this year?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yo... I am in Stockton. Not really Bay Area but I have lived in the bay for some time. I'm looking for a crosstrek to get. Cant seem to find something in my price range. Everybody and their mom wants a Subie right now.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Subaru's vehicles tend to hold their value.

The only ones you may find for cheap are high-mileage ones like mine, with over 100,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I shelled out the big bucks for a 2018 Crosstrek. Woohoo.

I'm so scared to wash it.

I'm looking into crossbars or a basket rack. We camp a lot so the basket could be more beneficial. Any ideas or tips for washing or what rood set up?

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Why are you scared to wash it? Afraid to remove the honorable dirt? Or afraid because it's a new paint job?

For washing, keep it basic for the first 6 months. A professional job such as a full-blown detail with wax should wait. Of course, use only car wash-specific products.

A basket is ideal, but an appropriate size for your application must be determined. Are you intending to run other accessories such as a bike rack and/or winter ski/snowboard rack on the side?

Since you've posted in the Bay Area thread, whereabouts of the SF Bay Area are you from?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Performance at high altitudes

I was up through the Carson Pass this weekend (8500ft elv) and my 2014XV Limited/CVT was having a tough time with those 7% grades. Revs went up to near 5k just to maintain 50MPH. Anyone else feel their performance suffers radically at elevation? Just curious, although the XV is by no means a WRX, it's performance is not terrible down here in the bay area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any good dirt roads near the Fremont area? I got a stock 2017, it’ll be its maiden dirt cruise.

Any plans on doing a local meetup/cruise?

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I was up through the Carson Pass this weekend (8500ft elv) and my 2014XV Limited/CVT was having a tough time with those 7% grades. Revs went up to near 5k just to maintain 50MPH. Anyone else feel their performance suffers radically at elevation? Just curious, although the XV is by no means a WRX, it's performance is not terrible down here in the bay area.
Yes, performance at higher elevations suffers noticeably.

Some of the higher elevations with climbs, I never find myself going above 4th gear. On the more severe elevations and steep climbs, I may even have to resort to using the lowest gear available.

Any good dirt roads near the Fremont area? I got a stock 2017, it’ll be its maiden dirt cruise.

Any plans on doing a local meetup/cruise?
If you want dirt roads closest to the SF Bay Area that are public and legal, see http://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums...roads-backroads-dirt-roads-listings-2453.html

I would love a local meetup and/or cruise but so far there's not enough regular SF Bay Area users, as far as I'm aware, to support such an event. I would gladly host, but unless we get a good amount of members to say they will attend, I won't expect much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info AWDFreak! I see so many Crosstreks around here, lets us know as soon as we get a meetup setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Besides PinoyMTBer, is anyone else interested in participating in a weekly/monthly meet for Subaru XV/Crosstrek drivers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe the problem is that so many of us in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley are engineers, and inherently shy/not joiners. I see I'm late to this thread, it seems to be a year since the last message before I got here, and I've been a member here for a couple of years.

Honestly I thought my car would not see much off road use, but 18 months ago I followed my Jeep owning buddies into the Tahoe Nat'l Forest, and the bug bit me. I haven't been able to head out often, but it there was a quarterly meet I might show up and see what's going on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alex, I think FB May have already taken over most forums. Theres MtnROO group that pretty active with events. We may actually go to Hollister tomorrow morning.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts