Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Crosstrek limited, and I notice that after I wash the car it has a rough shaking idle when ever it is at a idle. It does not matter wether the car is in drive or park and the A/C is not on when this happens and it does not effect it when it is on. Any ideas, I’m guessing it might be the PZEV system trying to adjust but I’m Not sure

·
Registered
15 Posts
Possibly your MAF ? Mass airflow sensor or related .?
I have same year - limited with eyesight .. 135,000 already lmao

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had this issue too. Try cleaning your throttle body; carbon buildup can restrict airflow and cause rough idle. It's a very easy DIY fix that you can find on youtube.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2015 Crosstrek limited, and I notice that after I wash the car it has a rough shaking idle when ever it is at a idle. It does not matter wether the car is in drive or park and the A/C is not on when this happens and it does not effect it when it is on. Any ideas, I’m guessing it might be the PZEV system trying to adjust but I’m Not sure
Mason are you saying this shaking only occurs after a car wash? The other suggestions are valid but the way you described it makes me think it's related to humidity. I feel my engine shake at idle sometimes, even from brand new. At first I thought it was the brand new rubber on the engine mounts, but I still feel it shake sometimes at low idle. Not the initial idle where it stays high to raise the engine temp, in case the 15's do that too. When you wash the car, the spray of water droplets raises the humidity and can get in the airflow path of the engine. Assuming you drove there, your engine is already hot, and now it takes in this high humidity air, which condenses in the engine (and comes out your tail pipe). I think that could lead to some rough firing temporarily. If it continues or is constant, the carbon, sensors, etc. are what I would check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts