Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During this past holiday season I received and installed some sheepskin covers on my front seats. They were purchased from <ShearComfort.com> which manufactures or sources all sorts of seat cover options. I was in the market for some seat covers for a while, as I wanted to protect the light color on my Crosstrek seats. A relative of mine had sheepskin covers in their vehicle some time ago, and I have enjoyed that style and comfort ever since. When searching for a provider of such covers, it was somewhat limited. I searched and read many reviews for manufacturers/suppliers, and the ShearComfort folks had an overall good reputation from the customer base. They offer a few options for fit and material, and have an assortment of colors available. The fits range from 'Universal' ($240 ish) to 'Tailor-Made Premium' ($600 ish).

I went with the Tailor-Made Premium, which they state is hand-made for an exact fit (you provide them your vehicle info) and made entirely of 100% real sheepskin (as opposed to imitation on some parts with some other fit options). I chose Black to match other parts of my interior and help hide any potential stains. When they arrived, the fit was perfect and the quality was great! For installation I went ahead and removed the front seats. Installation wouldn't be hard with the seats in place, but when removed it was easier to run the straps and provided an opportunity to clean everything well. During install I removed the outer side covers on the seats, so to capture the seat covers underneath and provide a clean custom appearance. For the record, seat removal and reinstallation was simple, but remember the pattern to tighten/torque the bolts - inside front, outside front, inside rear, outside rear (39 ft-lb torque).

Pictures attached below...

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They offer the headrests for an additional cost (of course), and I'm going to order some soon. I thought that I would see how it looks with the two-tone appearance, but I think the headrests covered would be better as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't been thru a summer season with these yet, however, a relative had some and they were comfortable in the summer. Thats consistent with the claims also, which is that they keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Im sure hoping that they keep away the swamp-ass after a hard days work. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts