·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hey DLT,

So my first question is you have a manual transmission correct? I'm only asking because those links both went to manual boot covers. I promise I'm not trying to be a wise a$$ about it! I know it sounds tacky but while you are searching for a solution, you can always wrap black electrical tape around anything reflective- this should certainly cut down the glare.

If you have a automatic transmission gear selector, you might try taping everything off and spraying the offending surfaces with a flat black spray paint. I guess that would depend on how confident you are with a spray can and your prep and paint skills.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the CVT. I did notice they went to the manual boot cover, but was wondering if anyone knew if they would work on the CVT selector or if there is an option for that. I have thought about P*dipping it, but it is inside the car and the last thing I want to do is EF up my new baby.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have encountered the same problem with the trim around the shifter blinding me sometimes. I usually just hover my hand over it until the sun changes angle or I go around a corner, but have been thinking of doing something semi-permanent to fix it. (Never have had this problem in another car.)

I think plastidip would be the best option. If done correctly it should be able to peel off whenever you feel like it. Those shift boots that you posted links to most likely wouldn't fit the CVT and spray paint is permanent.

I have some black plastidip sitting around (going to use on the grill when I get around to it), but I think black will make it look cheap with all the other black trim in the car. Possibly a gray plastidip?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Wow.. I was just having this same issue the other day. There's a thread on here somewhere (or maybe it's the Oz forum) where a guy has plastidipped that trim. Turned out great. I never think of it until I'm sitting at a light, in 112degree sun and it's blinding me off that trim! arrrgh! lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts