Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After saying I want to do this for over a year now and taking enough road trips to annoy me, I decided to do this little mod. It wasn't as easy as I was told, but it wasn't hard. It only took 20 minutes or so to take apart and get back together. The longest part was waiting for everything to dry.

Thanks to the thread:
http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/interior-audio/2329-i-plasti-dipped-shifter-bezel.html

I found it was easier to start the car, put it in neutral, and then turn off the car. This way the shifter was in the middle and the console piece comes off easier. The black plastic console scratches and dents easy so be kind to it.

As you can see from the third pic, there are four white clips holding the silver bezel down and an electrical plug at the top. That it why it won't just push down or pull up.

Sorry my pics are blurry. I've never had a steady hand.

I'm happy with it. No more blinding glare. I did the dash trim right away on my replacement XV. I wish I had done this mod earlier. I was a little nervous, but in the end it wasn't difficult. My daily commute will be much more enjoyable.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts