Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got ours today! ;D 8)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's cool. I had USMC VETERAN plates on my truck but couldn't get them personalized...so I went back to this style

Sent from my iPad II using Tapatalk

·
Registered
800 Posts
Looks good Xtrekr. I'm working on getting plates myself. Not custom plates, but organizational plates. Have any of you all seen the maryland plates that started in 2011? They are so horrible in my opinion versus the old:

Old

New Horrible plate (running through 2015, sadly)

I'm just waiting for my MD tags to come in from the dealer so I can trade them back in to the dmv!

·
Registered
800 Posts
You can only trade it back in for an organizational plate. If you want a vanity plate its on that stupid 1812 template. From what I understand it wont be 2015 until you we can go back to normal plates.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Our NY plates changed from white with blue lettering to a horrible yellow background color a few years ago. They were going to make getting the yellow mandatory even for people with the old plates, but that fell through after complaints.

I was able to transfer my old white plates on to my XV though! That yellow would look bad with the tangerine. But I might get custom organizational plates when my registration is up this fall.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
webcricket said:
Our NY plates changed from white with blue lettering to a horrible yellow background color a few years ago. They were going to make getting the yellow mandatory even for people with the old plates, but that fell through after complaints.

I was able to transfer my old white plates on to my XV though! That yellow would look bad with the tangerine. But I might get custom organizational plates when my registration is up this fall.
I actually like the blue on yellow NYC plates. I agree, they ARE ugly, but in an interesting way...I can't put my finger on it. Though I agree it wouldn't look good on tangerine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There are some conservation plates I'm considering, or Hiberians.

ClubCrosstrek said:
I actually like the blue on yellow NYC plates. I agree, they ARE ugly, but in an interesting way...I can't put my finger on it. Though I agree it wouldn't look good on tangerine.
I think they look more European and/or vintage (70s NY plates were that color, with black lettering I believe). But I just can't love the yellow - my last car was orange, my XV is orange, not going to be a good color combo! I should have got the blue XV, LOL.

·
Registered
800 Posts
In the process of thinking up a custom plate right now. (Got my MD plates yesterday- my temp plates are good until may so there is no way these ugly things are going on my crosstrek!)

A friend of mine suggested NOTABYK, just in case anyone was confused as the Trek lawsuit implies!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RNG CRSH. "Orange Crush"

LVMYTREK

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
567 Posts
AlexAlejan said:
Looks good Xtrekr. I'm working on getting plates myself. Not custom plates, but organizational plates. Have any of you all seen the maryland plates that started in 2011? They are so horrible in my opinion versus the old:

Old

New Horrible plate (running through 2015, sadly)

I'm just waiting for my MD tags to come in from the dealer so I can trade them back in to the dmv!
I completely agree that the new Maryland plates are horrible. I opted for the farm plate, the color matches the orange.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Here's a Maryland farm plate:

Put a black frame around it, looks pretty good.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I thought about getting the farm one- Im curious to see what it looks like on the Tangerine crosstrek.

I opted for the chesapeake plates (the design is decent and I'm a big fan of the water). After my wife rolled her eyes at all of my star wars reference plate ideas, we decided to go with "K4Y4K"

Should arrive in a few weeks.

·
Registered
800 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
Haha, I'm interested to hear your Star Wars ideas...
I was going to try BOBAFET but it was taken :( I got my wife to laugh at RBLSCUM but she wouldn't go for it. W00K13 was also an idea. I liked how JAWA looked on a plate, and my wife was kind of ok with that until she realized they weren't the same things as ewoks and not nearly as cute ;)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
AlexAlejan said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
Haha, I'm interested to hear your Star Wars ideas...
I was going to try BOBAFET but it was taken :( I got my wife to laugh at RBLSCUM but she wouldn't go for it. W00K13 was also an idea. I liked how JAWA looked on a plate, and my wife was kind of ok with that until she realized they weren't the same things as ewoks and not nearly as cute ;)
Haha, those are great, BOBAFET being my favorite.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts