Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Expecting my 21 premium 6 MT in about a month. Looking forward to some upgrades and the ability to maintain it per Subaru schedule. Now I am shopping for a hoist/lift for my home garage. Anyone used the quickjack? Or comparable for home service needs. I am a retired nightshifter light bulb changer (10,000 ft runways, taxiways ,signage and that big spinning one on the tower.) Sorry bout the brain drift.
Thinking the portable option for service needs underbody washing and such. Any suggestions, recommendations ?
Thanks to all.

shifty6t

·
Registered
3 Posts
Portable lifts are sketchy. Bend pack would be my suggestion for a 4 post movable lift. Keep in mind this is a chinese brand so quality and warranty/parts sucks. I'd personally only go with rotary or challenger. I have a rotary spoa-100 in my shop right now for oil changes/tire rotations. The only thing I can't do is alignments but you need special equipment with a 4 post to do alignments anyway. Again I'd try to go with a lift that bolts to the floor otherwise it will be a headache to get cables and locks adjusted everytime you move your portable lift. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Portable lifts are sketchy. Bend pack would be my suggestion for a 4 post movable lift. Keep in mind this is a chinese brand so quality and warranty/parts sucks. I'd personally only go with rotary or challenger. I have a rotary spoa-100 in my shop right now for oil changes/tire rotations. The only thing I can't do is alignments but you need special equipment with a 4 post to do alignments anyway. Again I'd try to go with a lift that bolts to the floor otherwise it will be a headache to get cables and locks adjusted everytime you move your portable lift. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info, and it does help. Sadly, space constraints make full size lift impossible at home. Portable options are limited. I read a bend Pak article concerning overseas products and manufacturing. Like all FHB (fellow human beings) I must consider cost/value and amount of use in decision-making. Thanks again.

. Sometimes, less is more. Shifty6t

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info, and it does help. Sadly, space constraints make full size lift impossible at home. Portable options are limited. I read a bend Pak article concerning overseas products and manufacturing. Like all FHB (fellow human beings) I must consider cost/value and amount of use in decision-making. Thanks again.

. Sometimes, less is more. Shifty6t
I have a "Quick-Jack" scissors lift. I have had it for a few years now. Absolutely no complaints. I even lift my F-250 with it-though it is "over" max gross it still lifts it and locks it fine. It lifts the Crosstrek without issue. I drive my ZTR mower on it to service the blades and engine-beats the hellouta jacking it to get to the blades or bending in half to change the oil. I like the scissors style in that it leaves the entire underside wide open. I have a single bay garage/shop. So when the Crosstrek is in there, the ramps stay in the center of the bay and I just drive over them. Hydro unit sits under the workbench and is a breeze to pull out when needed. The hydro lines tend to be a bit of a trip hazard-of course I am as clumsy as a drunken elephant-but it is not a deal breaker. I had one issue where I tripped and pulled the control wire from the pendant. A email to QuickJack service and the "help desk" actually sent me a pdf of the engineering schematics! I would buy it again in a heartbeat. My unit is 5 years old and has never missed a beat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a "Quick-Jack" scissors lift. I have had it for a few years now. Absolutely no complaints. I even lift my F-250 with it-though it is "over" max gross it still lifts it and locks it fine. It lifts the Crosstrek without issue. I drive my ZTR mower on it to service the blades and engine-beats the hellouta jacking it to get to the blades or bending in half to change the oil. I like the scissors style in that it leaves the entire underside wide open. I have a single bay garage/shop. So when the Crosstrek is in there, the ramps stay in the center of the bay and I just drive over them. Hydro unit sits under the workbench and is a breeze to pull out when needed. The hydro lines tend to be a bit of a trip hazard-of course I am as clumsy as a drunken elephant-but it is not a deal breaker. I had one issue where I tripped and pulled the control wire from the pendant. A email to QuickJack service and the "help desk" actually sent me a pdf of the engineering schematics! I would buy it again in a heartbeat. My unit is 5 years old and has never missed a beat.
Good to hear, thanks for your input. Probably used monthly in my world. I'll rent it to my neighbors.
My new trek is on the train from West coast, I'm starting to drool.

Shifty6t

1 - 5 of 5 Posts