Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife and I bought our Crosstrek about 2 weeks ago now and we love it except when the dealer "detailed" the car for us to take ownership they scratched the paint in three places (two places on the hatch and one on the driver side door). The first time they took it back to see if they could take care of it in house (They couldn't), so they made an appointment with a body shop to have them buff them out.. They did a great job on the hatch as the scratches are no longer there, but the one on the door didn't go away (It wasn't there when I picked up the car, but it showed up after it rained out here the past couple of days).

I am taking back AGAIN for them to fix it (hopefully once and for all) and they have been more than accommodating with this issue and I have been very polite and patient.. I don't want to be rude as they have been very helpful in the situation (and owned up to causing the scratches) but I'm pretty close to my wits end on getting this taken care of.. Any advise on what to do or just keep going the same track I'm going down? Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
820 Posts
It sounds as if you are handling it exactly as you should IMO. They have admitted to their error and are working towards a solution. I would stay on this path as long as possible. There should be a endgame to this in that you are 100% satisfied with your vehicle. I would emphasize that you have been patient and that it is a true inconvenience- that the next time they have your vehicle it must be repaired correctly and completely. Stay firm and civilized and you will get what you want. Lunatics rarely do. I give you credit for your poise. Good Luck!

·
Registered
927 Posts
I agree with RubySu on this one... hats off for keeping your cool and you are doing EXACTLY what should be done... just shy of lunacy. I would most likely be over the edge a bit, but that's just me.

Be firm and CLEAR on what you expect for the LAST TIME you have to deal with this issue..... I'm sure they wouldn't want it go above their heads....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts