Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I park way out from everyone on purpose!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

I got not one but TWO DOOR-DINGS in the same door!!!!!

I need a beer.... Or two.... Or twelve

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
820 Posts
Oh crap Bro, that stinks! People can be so darn rude and inconsiderate of other people's property....and we know how much you take care of yours.....that just flat out BLOWS.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bob. I have a good lead on paint less dent removal in Reno. Had a few removed a few years ago.... May go back there and have them work their magic once again for me. Just really sucks

Btw.... In Cali for the weekend.... Figures it would happen here.

Heading to San Hose State tomorrow for campus walk through for our daughter.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
that sucks! I would be pissed too :mad: We usually park away from everyone also but there seems to always be that one a$$hole who has to be park right next to you when there's tons of other spots around

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey Xtrekr... sooo sorry to hear about this! Know how infuriating it can be, for sure!
Keep us posted on your dent-doctor and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Xtrekr,
I'm feeling your pain, I got two dings the first day that I took to work and park away from everyone and today I got my third one on Austin TX!!! Let us know how the dentless process go on the XV body!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I make my husband and daughter crazy by parking in the hinterlands LOL! I was forced off the road a couple weeks ago and scraped some branches...the scratches are less noticeable after a few waxes, but I can still see them. Those first dings and scratches are the WORST!

·
Registered
113 Posts
readyami said:
I make my husband and daughter crazy by parking in the hinterlands LOL! I was forced off the road a couple weeks ago and scraped some branches...the scratches are less noticeable after a few waxes, but I can still see them. Those first dings and scratches are the WORST!
I feel your pain the third week of owning my XV I was reversing and this your 5 foot nothing college girl punches the gas on her 04 F150 that is literally i kid you not bigger than my car the top of her truck bed is as tall as the TRek. so her trailer hitch hits the bottom left panel on the back of my car. Thankfully it didnt have the ball on it but its been 3 months and my insurance company cant get a hold of her so i dunno wtf. Im pissed cause by law since we were both backing up we are both at fault even with my back up camera and my wife watching for oncomming traffic. :-\

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
suuichi said:
I feel your pain the third week of owning my XV I was reversing and this your 5 foot nothing college girl punches the gas on her 04 F150 that is literally i kid you not bigger than my car the top of her truck bed is as tall as the TRek. so her trailer hitch hits the bottom left panel on the back of my car. Thankfully it didnt have the ball on it but its been 3 months and my insurance company cant get a hold of her so i dunno wtf. Im pissed cause by law since we were both backing up we are both at fault even with my back up camera and my wife watching for oncomming traffic. :-\
That's a crappy situation to be in. Sometimes laws like that really screw over innocent people, no matter what the intention of putting them into place was.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It seems like new cars go through a "target" period for dings, windshield cracks or chips, or other accident related incidents. I parked my previous car (new at the time), a 2011 WRX, in what I thought was a safe spot and someone managed to back into it. Left a dirty smudge on the rear bumper cap and a couple of black spots where the paint was mashed off. The damage wasn't terrible, but being a new car it was really a bummer. More than anything I wanted to choke the person that did it. Not for actually backing into my vehicle, but for not taking responsibility for their actions. Seems like a common theme these days unfortunately.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Man sorry to hear that bro. People and especially kids don't care how they open their doors. That's why I just put on the body side molding. The very next day after I put it on I noticed a vertical mark in the molding and it must have protected the car from a door opening into it. Looks like it already paid for itself. I know it won't protect everything but my feeling is more protection is better and it looks pretty cool. I will still try to park in the boondocks..

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Crunchtrek said:
Cheers, my wife got rearended 10 days into owning it. :-[ I'll get it back tomorrow.

I would be in jail!!! Makes my dings seem non-existent.... wow.... Hope your wife is/Was ok....

·
Registered
820 Posts
Looks like that extra Crosstrek height really came in handy thank goodness. Hoping all are healthy.
Just noticing- what did you do with your original rims? I know there are members here who want them. Might want to post in sales if you're interested in selling.

·
Registered
304 Posts
AlexAlejan said:
Ugh. It looks like the other car got took most of the punishment there- how bad was the damage to the crosstrek?
It went under the bumper, so didn't hurt the support or the frame. Only the bumper cover and the muffler gor wasted. Still, 2600 and some in damages. Now I have to fight for lowered value and other things with the insurance.

My wife was ok, a little stiff in the neck, but ok.

Paramedics had to pull me away and two firemen had to jump in between us as I was screaming at the lady who smacked my new car. lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
So far our new XV is ding free, but we didnt have the same luck with our Impreza Outback Sport. I selected the most remote parking spot; not a soul around. It was so far away, that walking to the mall felt like a forced road march. What's the first thing I noticed when we went back to the car? A door ding the size of a nickel, the car that caused it was obviously gone by now! Oh and one more thing, a shopping cart resting against a corner of the rear bumper. It left a small scratch, but this one as easy to fix with polishing compound.

It's like these idiots enjoy messing with our cars. Maybe they can't stand to see a nice clean and shiny vehicle next to their rust bucket!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts