Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Something about these cars just make you want to explore stuff. I've had mine about 8 months and have already spent about 10 nights in the XV. Self enflating mattress and sleeping bag, cooler with food and water... Who needs an RV...

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
Haha, I'm taking my cousin up to El Mirage dry lake bed for his bachelors party this month. We'll spend a night or two up there. I can't wait to go now that I have the XVC.

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
Which one?
There's Nate Harrison Grade on the south side. Did that one Friday. (Pro Tip: if you plan on hiking while at the top, dogs aren't allowed on the trails.) That ones pretty smooth. There's a somewhat hairy section towards the top. But overall pretty mellow.
Then there's the High Point Truck Trail to Palomar Divide Truck Trail on the NorthEastern side. Did that one today. It was a blast. But plan a day trip. It's 29miles total (5 of which are paved, but very twisty). 29 miles doesn't sound bad, until you realize you are traveling at 5-10mph for the majority of the trail. But that was the best trail I've ever been on. Tons of views, a few challenges to keep the mind sharp, it was a blast.

I live in Oceanside, so Palomar will be my primary spot.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm fairly new to San Diego but it's the road that goes north from Oak Knoll Campgrounds along the 76. On Google maps the road is called "S6."

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
That's South Grade Road. It is all paved. I used to run it in my old Audi. (AWD, Turbocharged, manual wagon.) It's a blast in the right car, but it's not off road at all.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I see. I did Black Canyon Road a couple of months ago up in Ramona. That was a good dirt road with nice views. Thinking of either going there or South Grade Road all the way to Lake Henshaw this Saturday.

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
I see. I did Black Canyon Road a couple of months ago up in Ramona. That was a good dirt road with nice views. Thinking of either going there or South Grade Road all the way to Lake Henshaw this Saturday.
I highly recommend doing the Temecula side trails (High Point Truck Trail and Palomar Divide Road) when you get the opportunity. They are a blast, and combining them, it is considered the longest trail in SD County. www.dirtopia.com
I would be down do do them with you sometime! I'm out of town a lot for work, but if we can plan ahead, it could be fun to get a few of us together and do it. I have a buddy in Temecula with a Suzuki Samurai on 30's that could join us, too. I've been dying to show him that my little XV can hang.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
9 Posts
The weekend after I bought mine I took it out to Ocotillo Wells. The AWD system did great out Shell Reef Express Way across to Cahilla Trail and up Gas Dome Trail. From there I took Pole Line Rd out to Tule Wash and visited the Pumpkin Patch. I didn't take it on any hard core 4x4 trails because it is so new, but the car did great out there. I did discover that the VDC does not like soft sand though.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
It would be fun to try to get a group together for Temecula or Ocotillo Wells sometime this year.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've been wanting to go to Ocotillo for a minute. Never been before. My days off are fri-sunday so any of those days most likely I can make it. I'm located in Riveride btw.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As a person who frequently travels to the desert, I would highly advise against going out there late May-early Sept. It is extremely hot, and if something were to happen, it could be bad.

·
Registered
90 Posts
This thread is awesome. It's about a year and a half worth of people saying "lets hit some trails" but nobody has met up yet. LOL I think someone just needs to plan something and say "if you are going, meet here at 8 am" and just see who shows up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This thread is awesome. It's about a year and a half worth of people saying "lets hit some trails" but nobody has met up yet. LOL I think someone just needs to plan something and say "if you are going, meet here at 8 am" and just see who shows up.
Actually a lot of us have gone out and met up. Its just that between this forum, another similar forum (which is more active) and mostly facebook groups no one updates all 6 of them with the same info.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Actually a lot of us have gone out and met up. Its just that between this forum, another similar forum (which is more active) and mostly facebook groups no one updates all 6 of them with the same info.
By all means, do share the other forums where this activity is taking place. The only place I have seen any gatherings is on Mtn. Roo. Is that where you are referring to?

·
Registered
32 Posts
By all means, do share the other forums where this activity is taking place. The only place I have seen any gatherings is on Mtn. Roo. Is that where you are referring to?

MtnRoo brotherhood, and san diego off road subies groups on FB. I don't frequent the XV forums a lot as I don't typically do anything with mine. I always take my brat or lifted OBS.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys. Im out of Fontana. Very interested in meeting up. Need to do some mods first. im Very stock currently. I just ordered a lift from primitive but its like 3 weeks out. time to play the waiting game. also has anyone seen or have a Leadfoot offroad bumper? ive seen a few on instagram and they look cool. just was curious if anyone had any experience with them. Thanks for any feed back. look forward to seeing some of you in the dirt.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts