Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I suppose an intro is in order, since I've just been creeping on you all for the past few days.

Unfortunately, I do not yet have a Crosstrek. I want a Tangerine Premium w/5spd. I'm hoping to have one in a few months. I currently own a 2011 Ford Fiesta. It has been the biggest POS I've ever owned. The bad news is that I drive so much (45k/yr) that the value plummeted so I'm stuck in the loan until I'm no longer upside-down. The very day that happens, I am trading it in, so long as it lasts long enough (sad, but true). It's got 89k miles, tranny had to be rebuilt at 19k, still doesn't work right, taken it in 3-4 other times but the dealers won't do anything, throttle body had to be replaced at 57k, passenger headlight takes a break whenever it feels like it, the serpentine belt is literally falling apart every time I rev above 3500rpm, and the catalytic converter is bad. And no, that's not the complete list.

Needless to say, I'm ready for the quality of a Subaru, and the Crosstrek is the perfect vehicle for what I do/need.

I've always loved forums, and in pretty active on FiestaFaction. I'm glad I found this one, as the only other forum is based in another country so the information isn't always accurate to the US Crosstrek's. It's a great forum, I was just looking for one based in North America.

Anyways, thanks and I look forward to finally being able to upload pictures of my Subaru!

·
Registered
500 Posts
ouch that sounds like a rough car to own...

When do you get your XV?

·
Registered
927 Posts
I feel your pain... Why not sell it outright to get the most out of it? 80% of low book for trade value is average. You may break even sooner than you think and start over by selling it yourself

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chasem said:
ouch that sounds like a rough car to own...

When do you get your XV?
I'm hoping about 8-10 weeks. A lot depends on work (commission-only job) and my Fiesta with its issues.

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Xtrekr said:
I feel your pain... Why not sell it outright to get the most out of it? 80% of low book for trade value is average. You may break even sooner than you think and start over by selling it yourself

How would I sell it outright when I don't have the pinks? Wouldn't someone have to pay me, I pay Ford, wait for the pink, then sign it over?

If I could do it that way, that would be great, as the private sale value is even with what I owe.

·
Registered
927 Posts
RallyeBourne said:
Xtrekr said:

How would I sell it outright when I don't have the pinks? Wouldn't someone have to pay me, I pay Ford, wait for the pink, then sign it over?

If I could do it that way, that would be great, as the private sale value is even with what I owe.
It works I have done this on four previous vehicles. Just be open and honest with the deal and with them and it worked out every time for me.

We wrote a small contract.... We went to the THEIR bank with PAYOFF from MY finance company... their bank cuts a cashiers check to YOUR finance company.... you send off the check and inform the new owner that when the title arrives, you will contact them to sign the title over. In the meantime.... I gave them the vehicle, but was to remain PARKED and not driven until the title was signed over... now if they do that for you... great... In NV... I keep my plates and they didn't have any to put one until the deal was done... so it worked for me. only took 2-3 weeks here to get the title. I know SOCAL is much different with plates staying with the vehicle though... I used to live there myself. If you find someone interested... work a deal... doesn't hurt to try.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Being trapped with a crappy vehicle is the worst. If you aren't upside down by much perhaps you could just roll into the new loan. I'm not a big fan of that approach but with a vehicle as bad as your Fiesta I'd want it off my hands before something hugely expensive failed on it.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome, RallyeBourne, thank you for signing up with us.

Sorry to hear about your less than crappy Ford Fiesta, that's a shame, though it sounds like you should be sitting in a new Crosstrek within no time.

In the meantime, make yourself at home here and when you do get your Crosstrek please share it with us!

- Sent from my RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
927 Posts
I think we have all been there at one point or another. When I was young, I went 3500 in the hole on a new vehicle. Not a smart move financially, but in the long run I was better off. I paid it off early and much less to maintain it than the pos I had before that was nickel and diming me to death.

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll definitely look into it. Thanks for the advice! The quicker I get out of this car, the better, even if I have to drive the fiancé's '04 Sonata for a week or two while it all plays out.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Heck... If you got a 'bucket' to drive in the meantime.. GET ON IT MAN!!!

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thelosis said:
I was gonna ask, "tranny issues?" But yes, of course there were tranny issues. This things are terrible.
I'm not going to tell you to never buy a Ford, but uhh... never buy a Ford. Nothing but issues with any I've driven. (Fiancé's mom has an 06 FiveHundred, fiancé's father had an 04 Expedition, he had an old Mazda 626 with a Ford tranny, all have been trash.)

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spent most of my day detailing my Fiesta. Wash, polish, wax, rain-x, tire shine, trim black. Every nook and cranny sparkles Tuxedo Black Metallic. It is absolutely spotless. Now I can take really good pictures tomorrow and try posting them on some sites to sell. Maybe I can get lucky. I'll b stoked if I can get $10k, but I'm going to list for $11,500.

I really want a Crosstrek. I already have my buddy at TB Performance Products waiting to build some skid plates and light bars and such. :D

·
Registered
927 Posts
Good luck with the sale!!! I hope it goes quick for you... Post it up on CL and make sure you put a counter code on your ad.... google CRAIGSLIST COUNTER.... shows you the hits on your ad.... it will give you an idea of the amount of activity your ad brings.

KEEP US POSTED!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hope you can ditch your fiesta soon, and for the right amount of money! Between a Ford my father had, and one I owned, I will never buy a Ford again.

·
Registered
243 Posts
AlexAlejan said:
Hope you can ditch your fiesta soon, and for the right amount of money! Between a Ford my father had, and one I owned, I will never buy a Ford again.
My 2003 Explorer loved to eat head gaskets. The first was under warrant and the second (at ~80k miles) resulted in it being traded in. The cats went out at around 60k miles and that would have cost a ton too but the exhaust was still under warranty. It also had major problems with the cooling system - which again were fixed under warranty but all this resulted in me not having much faith in the car. To it's credit it did get me from Houston to Durango Co in it's last epic journey. It made it without incident unless you consider having to add a jug of coolant at every refill along the way an incident.

What really did it for me though is the A/C controls behind the dash were garbage and constantly broke. 49 cent plastic bits would break but the labor to replace them would be over $1000 because the entire dash would have to be removed. I did it myself and it was indeed a pain. It happened again because the parts were so crappy and in the end I wound up making my own half-effective repairs with chopsticks, a drill, and duct tape (really). It worked long enough for me to find a new car and saved me a ton of money.

No manufacturers are perfect but I'm done with Ford.

·
Registered
927 Posts
LOL!!!! That is hilarious!!! LOVE IT!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts