Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasnt sure if this is the right place to post this but am almost sure the electric motor I hear running while my Crosstrek is sitting turned off with the key in my pocket has something to do with the rear shocks. Also I believe the rear of the car is rising slowing, anyone else hear this?

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Can you describe to use what the sound is? Is it a constant clicking? A constant whine? A fading whine?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sound is coming from the rear, Iam pretty sure its a small compressor pumping up the rear shocks, Ill call the service department today and ask them if something is wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got under it today and checked it out, the sound is the compressor that pumpes up the rear shocks, this only happens when I haul my 100+ pound Rot-Sheppard mix of a dog in the back and after it has sit for a while. If you look in the rear fenders near the strut you can see the blue and white air line running to the shock, so I take it this is normal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jackson County, which is about 20 mins from Charleston, the weather has been perfect for break in, I hit a 1000 miles today. Ill still run it easy to get better gas mileage and hopefully a trouble free vehicle. Ive got a picture of him in the back with a blanket over the seats layed down and he has plenty of room. Ill try to post it later, I dont think Ive uploaded any to photobucket since I bought the car. Ill do that tonight

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
That doesn't seem right...

I'm almost certain that the XV doesn't have an air suspension. The last time Subaru implemented an air suspension was in the 1st generation Legacy...

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I'm awaiting a response from Subaru of America, but I am still fairly confident that the XV utilizes a conventional suspension... Just gotta wait on them.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I already know your issue got solved but I'm going to post what Subaru of America tells me regarding which Subaru models have air suspension and which ones have the self-leveling suspension. That is, when they get back to me...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts