Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there everyone. My name is Tyler an I'm an addict. I'm getting ready to buy my first new car and I've been doing as much research as possible trying to find the one for me. I found out that because I'm certified to teach snowboarding through AASI I can get an excellent deal on a new Subaru, which is perfect because that is the brand I was wanting anyway. Long story short, I'm set on a Crosstrek and hope to be getting a premium CVT within the next couple weeks!

The hardest decision now is: What color? Really, the only colors I'm not interested in are ice silver and tangerine, and even those look great. At the moment I'm leaning towards dark grey but that seems to change two or three times a week!

As for planned additions, I want:

sports grill
spoiler
side window deflectors
hood deflector
kicker audio system.

Now the question is: Do I want to order them included or install them myself?

I'd also like to plasti-dip the badges or debadge all together.

Anyway, I've got big plans and this seems like the place to go for all the info I'll need to make them happen.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome to CCT, Tyler.... GREAT choice in vehicle... especially if you can get a great deal for being an instructor.... I opted for the Satin White Pearl and absolutely love it.... my first choice was Marine Blue, but I think the SWP gives a bit of luxury look to the XV...Plus it goes well with the snow! 8)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the site, Tuck. The dark gray is an excellent color for sure. I have the black and I love how it looks, though the darker color does get dirty way easier.

I would def try to see what you can get the dealer to throw in as far as additions. You might be able to negotiate a better overall deal with them.

Again, welcome and thank you for signing up!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hello Tyler and welcome to the site! I have the black with tinted windows and it looks really nice. If I were the sort who worried about it looking clean (im not, i actually enjoy cleaning my cars) and still wanted a dynamic color, I would suggest the Khaki. From what I understand, it looks clean even when being absolutely filthy! Sounds like you're the active type and will be in a climate that will expose your XV to a winters dirt and grime...just something to consider. I also like the orange. Both colors are pretty much unlike anything else on the road. Coupled with such a unique design, no matter what color you choose, you'll be stylin'!! I've included a pick of mine in the wild!

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
This is when she is dirty & the only way you can tell is from the black trim along the bottom...Love the desert khaki cuz she doesn't look dirty! Nowadays she shows dirt more cuz we plastidipped the body side molding black so that shows but I can live with that!lol

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
Welcome Tuck, Im sure you will find a wealth of information here at the Club!

It pains me greatly to know you aren't considering a Tangerine XV (only kidding, all of the colors we have to pick from look great! ;) )

The grey and khaki are also two of my favorite colors. I know the pain of changing your mind every day!

In terms of the mods you have listed, if you are handy at all I think you will find the DIY instructions posted by members here very helpful, and save you a decent amount of $$$ from dealer installations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New owner in Wyoming

Hello there everyone. Well I guess I made up my mind about what color I wanted. I'm now the proud owner of this beauty. I couldn't order the one I wanted unless I waited for the 2014 model to come out so I made a deal with the dealer and ordered the accessories to be added by the dealer later at a discounted installation price. I am a very happy camper!

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Awesome and congrats!!!! Glad you finally got one! BTW... find a bigger puddle and get that thing DIRTY!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.