Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my wheels/tires and have a 5th matching full size for use as a spare. These wheels will be in a 5 tire rotation to keep wear even. Unfortunately this is a slight issue in storing the spare as it is much thicker than the factory donut. I have it in for now, but I need to do a few minor mods for it to fit well. I need some way to bolt it down so it isn't bumping around back there. I am thinking of some sort of hook that bolts down in the factory hole. Thoughts? Next, I need some form of filler for the space below the rear mat (like the factory foam inserts that are now too short). Any suggestions or ideas?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Find a real hardware store. Not bLowes or Home Depot and especially not an auto parts store. A real one with the bins. The old guys that works there will find you something that works guaranteed. Give them your scenario then sit back and enjoy the show. They live for situations like this one.

My local Ace Hardware is pretty good for being a chain. They usually have a real hardware guy in the back. Probably a Vet that used to fix war machines under fire. A truly under-utilized piece of Americana.

·
Registered
318 Posts
A false floor is something that was big in the ZR2 community I used to belong to. Basically cut a piece of MDF the shape of the cargo bay, wrap it in carpet and space it out enough to cover the spare. Some guys were even capable enough to make a drawer work for storage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts