Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in some feedback from anyone who has had the speaker upgrades done from Subaru in their Crosstrek. I have mine on order and still have the option to add them. I test drove a '16 and the stock speakers were horrible in my opinion. Any help would be much appreciated. I am looking at upgrading the door speakers, tweeters, and subwoofer.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody? I am thinking about replacing my front door and dash speakers, as well. The rear speakers seem to overpower the fronts in stock form.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Well, just gave my dealer the ok for the Kicker speaker upgrade package. Will include door speakers, tweeters, and subwoofer. Gave me a break on pricing so I figured why not? It's got to be better than stock. I just hope there is a separate control for sub. We'll see.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm interested in some feedback from anyone who has had the speaker upgrades done from Subaru in their Crosstrek. I have mine on order and still have the option to add them. I test drove a '16 and the stock speakers were horrible in my opinion. Any help would be much appreciated. I am looking at upgrading the door speakers, tweeters, and subwoofer.

Thanks
I ordered my car with Kicker speakers, got everything but the subwoofer, after hearing the stock speakers during the test drive. The subwoofer takes up space in the cargo area, and there isn't a whole lot back there to begin with. So I'm happy with the decision to skip it.

The rest of the speakers perform well and are worth the upgrade IMO. Bass is good, even without the subwoofer. The key is to turn all of the settings almost all the way up in the equalizer to get the most out of them. Honestly I really wish this radio just had Bass/Tremble adjustments like almost everything else out there.

It's a bit of an expensive upgrade but worth it. Hope this helps. :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Kicker replacements are ridiculously over-priced. If you are even slightly mechanically inclined, you can replace them yourself with alternatives Much cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts