Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own an XV in Black with the Sport Mesh grille? I like the way it looks with other colors so I'm considering it; want to see what it looks like first! ;D

·
Registered
128 Posts
i think the sport mesh grille makes the car look like a toyota matrix. which is really bad in my opinion.

i think a black version of the regular grille looks way more refined/aggressive than a cheap empty mesh grille

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
H15A said:
i think the sport mesh grille makes the car look like a toyota matrix. which is really bad in my opinion.

i think a black version of the regular grille looks way more refined/aggressive than a cheap empty mesh grille
yeah the little bit of 'chrome' on the stock grille may contrast better with the rest of the car (in black). i may hold off on that one. thanks for the help!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went looking at CrossTreks and the black one I bought came equipped with the mesh grill and back wing. For me personally those two things change the whole look of the car. I hate chrome with a passion though so again, I think its all a matter of personal preferences. I looked at them side by side and the mesh grill looks more refined in my opinion.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
N10S said:
I went looking at CrossTreks and the black one I bought came equipped with the mesh grill and back wing. For me personally those two things change the whole look of the car. I hate chrome with a passion though so again, I think its all a matter of personal preferences. I looked at them side by side and the mesh grill looks more refined in my opinion.
Would you post a pic looking straight at it? The other pictures found were at an angle

·
Registered
224 Posts
H15A said:

Totally agree with this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
How well does the plasti-dip and wrap hold up to road wear and car washes? Is it something you'll need to re-do a few times a year?

·
Registered
66 Posts
From what I have read, 3 or 4 coats of Plasti-dip that is applied correctly can last 2 to 3 years. It won't come off in a car wash. The day you want to remove it, all you have to do is peel if off.

I found a ton of information in the forum at dipyourcar.com and on their Youtube channel.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've had the dip on mine for around a month now and it still looks like it did when I did it. Granted a month isn't very long, but even the couple spots I need to redo (because I didn't peel so well - there are two bits of chrome showing) haven't budged when going through car washes.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Did my chrome grille on the 07 Jetta and still looks new after 3 years made it look like the GTI

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
421 Posts
The wrap will last. About two years in the sun. The plasti dip may last longer. Occasional chips are a quick fix

1 - 17 of 17 Posts