Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi well my leather wasn’t exactly old but I decided to try a cleaning cycle. I got the Lexol leather cleaner and the leather neatsfoot oil moisturizer.
I had heard that you’re supposed to over lap the cleaning and mosturization process so the dampness draws the new oils in.

On a damp clean micro fibre cloth I placed a silver dolar sized blob.
That single damp cloth cleaned all the leather and mock leather in the car of dust, coffee or pop spray etc.
I could have stopped there as the ph neutral product left everything perfect.
But I decided to try to condition the seats too. The moistened cloth got a similar blob and went on to condition all seats steering wheel etc.
In a hot sunny car it dried almost immediately with a slight mat finish but mostly invisible. The difference being I know my seats are protected.
Both priducts worked equally well on fake leather rubber and plastic surfaces including seals.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I never considered that the leather automotive care products would also benefit synthetic/fake leather.

I've had very little experience with leather interiors, so I always assumed that synthetic/fake leather would be more resilient than real leather.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep the Lexol neatsfoot oil dries without evidence to a mat finish and suits the pho leather and yes the cleaner worked well to clean those surfaces.

The salt took about two hours to remove and about a week to ventilate the vinigar smell.
But every thing looks great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts