Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 developed a squeaking sound in the rear storage area. Only happens when I go over bumps. Checked out the hatch, spare tire and, everything seems tight. Any ideas?

·
Registered
259 Posts
If it's still under the 36k warranty the dealer can take care of it. I'd start by looking at the trim around the pillars. I had a few squeaks in mine around the pillars that the dealer fixed way back when. They are tough to locate while you are driving, best thing would be to sit in the back while someone else drives so you can really look around. Find a nice bumpy gravel road/drive and start pressing on stuff to see if it stops.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My husband's 2015 Hybrid had the same thing. It's the hatchdoor, plastic trim, right in the area of where it latches shut to the body. My Subaru dealer's mechanic told us that he's seen over 25 of these this year. Hasn't come back since they "fixed" whatever it was. (On the invoice it said repair loose trim.)

Hope this helps!
-Keith

·
Registered
165 Posts
My husband's 2015 Hybrid had the same thing. It's the hatchdoor, plastic trim, right in the area of where it latches shut to the body. My Subaru dealer's mechanic told us that he's seen over 25 of these this year. Hasn't come back since they "fixed" whatever it was. (On the invoice it said repair loose trim.)

Hope this helps!
-Keith
I stand corrected on my above posting. I pulled the maint. paperwork.
They have written down that trunk-latch needed lubrication/grease.
-Keith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts