Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its doesn't happened all the time, hot or cold weather doesn't matter, it still happens. When i start the ignition, it cuts off, then i have to start again, sometimes i have to wait until the bell stops then ignite, sometimes it works.

I checked my car battery and it has 12v when it's off.

Please watch the attached video. My car is gonna be 2 years this month, I dont know if still has warranty. 2019 Crosstrek starter issues (please turn UP volume)

thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Its doesn't happened all the time, hot or cold weather doesn't matter, it still happens. When i start the ignition, it cuts off, then i have to start again, sometimes i have to wait until the bell stops then ignite, sometimes it works.

I checked my car battery and it has 12v when it's off.

Please watch the attached video. My car is gonna be 2 years this month, I dont know if still has warranty. 2019 Crosstrek starter issues (please turn UP volume)

thanks
Sounds to me like it tries to turn over before "failing." When you try the 2nd time, does it seem strong like the battery is strong enough? Or does it seem to struggle. If it struggles could be battery related, if not it's almost like there's a bad ground connection. But typically bad grounds are associated with rust, and being more than 2 years old. The factory batteries on the other hand, are pretty weak in my opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts