Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does anyone know whether there is a designated storage space for the Cargo Shade? I'd like to have it out of the way so my pets don't destroy it, but find that the floor of the back seat is really inconvenient, and the floor of the cargo area is really not going to protect it. Is there a cubby for it perhaps under the floor of the cargo area, or do I have to just leave it at home?

(Sorry for not having a newb intro post, I'll make one when I have the time, I swear....)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Very good question. I know it wont fit under the cargo area and I've yet to find a storage spot. My dealer said just to take it out of the vehicle if needed and I haven't poured through the owners manual to see if there is a spot to store it.

You could probably just toss it under the protective mat in the storage area to keep it safe, but there would be a nice lump there.

Hopefully someone has found a nice spot for it, assuming there is one.

·
Registered
500 Posts
It goes under the floor of the cargo area. Pull the liner out, lift the floor, and spin it around 180 degrees so the flap faces the front of the car instead of the bag. Tuck it up against the hatch. When you lower the floor back down, put those two loops on the floor around the prongs just in front of the hatch.

That is what it was designed for, though it's not perfect (the cargo liner is just a little off once you do this).

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think I read in the owner's manual that it can be stored under cargo area. If you notice there are a couple of little loops attached to the back edge of the cargo deck. You can lift the back section of the cargo deck up and hook the loops over posts on the black plastic trim. (Where the hatch latches at the very rear of the cargo area. I believe they said if you raise the rear section of the cargo deck up and hook the loops on the post, there is room under the back of the cargo deck to store the shade. It will rest near the spare tire. I hope I didn't just confuse things for you. If it weren't raining cats and dogs right now, I'd walk out to the garage and take a picture of what I'm talking about. I'm certain that it's addressed in the owners manual though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good to know. I've just been taking it out of the vehicle when need be, but it will be much more convenient to tuck it away under the cargo area.

I honestly do not have much use for the thing. It's good for keeping helium filled balloons at bay and out of eyesight and to keep light-weight items (eg. plastic bags) from rustling around when the windows are rolled down. However, it generally just gets in the way when I'm transporting things like topsoil and mulch.

I would rather have had them include the rear seat back protector and that little tray insert for the armrest as standard items, much more useful!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I checked and page 6-11 of the owner's manual tells how and where to store the shade under the cargo area

·
Registered
800 Posts
Interesting to know... I had no idea it could be stored there. I usually just leave mine in the backseat along with my sunshield. Works pretty well for with a family of two, but good to know there is an actual place for it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet.
Thanks for the responses. I noticed that the floor of the cargo area could lift like that, but I wasn't sure what it was for...

:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AlexAlejan said:
CJBROWN said:
Read your owners manual people. LOL.

Mine stores in the garage. :)
We want to drive, not read!!

But seriously, I do find something useful out every time I page through the manual.
I read mine cover to cover when I first got it, but that doesn't mean I retained much.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
POP3Y3 said:
I found out where it sits but the floor board does not sit flush. It's raised (!?). Kinda weird.
That's the same thing I found. It would be great if it could be stored under the floor, but not if it raises the floor up. I have decided to store mine in the garage where it will likely stay until I sell the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
b2002 said:
I have decided to store mine in the garage where it will likely stay until I sell the car.
Haha yep. That is where mine is. As well as one from the Mazda 3...and the Bimmer wagon I traded in. I have a collection of em!

·
Registered
53 Posts
A better design for this would have been to integrate the cover into the hatch itself and just be reversed. Make the screen long enough to roll out as the hatch raises up. Just a thought.

·
Registered
94 Posts
btoeps74 said:
A better design for this would have been to integrate the cover into the hatch itself and just be reversed. Make the screen long enough to roll out as the hatch raises up. Just a thought.
Nice idea!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts