2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...what the?!?!

Yes, it SEEMS this is REAL! :eek:

http://laautoshow.com/entry/subaru-global-design-team-usa/

Design Team:
Masashi Kaneda, Fabian Kreis, Yohei Noshiro, David Cohen

Summary:
The innovative, affordable and fun personal mobility vehicle from Subaru’s designers was created to change the man-vehicle relationship in a revolutionary way. The “SUBA-ROO” is a one-legged, self-contained, wearable mobility vehicle with a propulsion method which mimics the efficient yet powerful jumping motions of a kangaroo. With the SUBA-ROO’s all-road, go anywhere capability and Subaru’s Eye-Sight safety system, the path to your destination is unlimited. On the road, a trail, a beach, or in a building, SUBA-ROO will widen the boundaries of mobility and bring back the joy of personally mobility for everyone to enjoy.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Sign me up for prototyping Subaru!!!! Please- In my lifetime!!!!!! I saw something similar to this British Top Gear but it was on wheels. A kangaroo-like leg?? Think of the applications. Could be life changing for so many.

·
Registered
94 Posts
X-mas list topper right there!!!

Only drawback... instant pot-hole creator. You think our roads are bad now, just wait until the local Roo gang goes out on Sundays for their weekly cruise!

·
Registered
800 Posts
silverrey said:
X-mas list topper right there!!!

Only drawback... instant pot-hole creator. You think our roads are bad now, just wait until the local Roo gang goes out on Sundays for their weekly cruise!
You mean rougher roads to play with our XVs on? Im not seeing the downside here ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts