Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No really. :) In the last 12ish years I've had lots of old brats and hatchbacks, several GLs, XTs, Legacys and Imprezas. I've lifted several of them, offroaded them and documented it all with photos and videos, including Subarus going through parts of the Rubicon. I've rally x'd various Subarus for more than 10 years.
I'm an old time member of the ultimate subaru message board, as well as nasioc.

Hello Crosstrek folks, I hope to enjoy my new ride while giving you guys play by play photos and updates and the like.

I might also have one of the first ones with photos of it killing a minivan. :) I'll post those in the appropriate forum.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Wow that shows quite the size difference between the second generation Impreza (right) and the current fourth generation Impreza/XV...

Still amazes me that Subaru made it bigger yet lighter.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome to the club!! Gotta see some pics of the Subie on the Rubicon!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Crunchtrek said:
The imp is a random Soob at a parking lot. (extra post to get past the first 5) lol
That was funny! Welcome to CCt!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Lately I've been going to ebay and sorting Subarus by either highest mileage or oldest just to see how long some of them last. There's this old reddish Brat 5 speed on there that keeps grabbing my eye-relatively inexpensive- just wish I had a place to keep it! I've had close to 51 cars but certainly not of one brand....very cool 8)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you look in the Gallery, you'll find a whole boat load of off road pics, half way thru or so are pics on the Rubicon. You'll recognize the high desert. We brought three Soobs, a Silver Brat, a really tall blue hatch (Weeble), and a primered brown hatchback (unhatched). Later this Summer I'll put out the 10th anniversary video.

http://www.hatchpatrol.com/gallery/main.php

Hello everybody!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Waaayyyyyy cool! Thanks for posting! Would love to do the Rubicon in a (modified) Crosstrek !

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome, Cruntrek, thanks for joining the site! 51 Subarus is quite impressive to me, I'm on my third so have quite a while to go. Looks like you've done some fun things with yours, too, which is something else I want to get into - i.e. heavy modding, off-roading, etc.

Very glad to have you and your Subaru knowledge join us.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers, I hope this community can grow, I hope these cars catch on and don't fizzle like the BAHAS and Tribecas and XTs and SVXs.

Me playing in an imp. (Note Ken Block is in one of my vids on the same track, note the times) ;)
Eric Zap at Subiefest #1 Rally X

My current offroader and what it's good for (Camera angle doesn't show how steep it is, but youtube "Walker Valley Express Way" to see what it's made of)
Zap Express Way Toyota

My other Subaru,

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Wow! Someone who's taken Subaru vehicles serious off-roading! I think I know who to go to ask questions regarding heavily-modified Subaru off-road vehicles (one of my lifelong dreams).

Welcome to the club!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ClubCrosstrek said:
I really like the XV's stock wheels, but something like what you have is really, really tempting.
Keep in mind that I didn't only choose them for their looks. They only weigh 16.3 lbs a wheel. The stock ones are 18.8 lbs. That's a full 10 lbs that the drive train doesn't have to deal with anymore. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts