Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a nice letter from Subaru this weekend, informing of an extension to the New Car Powertrain Limited Warranty on the CVT for all 2016-2017 Legacy/Outback, Impreza, WRX Crosstrek and Forester vehicles.

It's a one-year extension of the coverage, regardless of mileage and warranty start date. This is not a recall and no action is required (unless we have a concern with the CVT). It is effective now through Sept. 30, 2019 and if your vehicle currently has 100,000 miles or less it extends the warranty to 10 years or 100,000 miles whichever comes first.

That's nice of Subaru to do this, but is there something going on with the CVT we ought to know about? Inquiring minds want to know...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine came Saturday (9/29). There is probably a problem that is not traceable to particular batches of cars. Guess it could be something from a supplier that is random. Although, when I brought in my 2017 for it's first service after the winter, I mentioned an ever so slight squeak/groan noise when shifting in or out of Park in fairly cold weather. (below freezing). they did an inspection, but didn't find anything- of course not, it was a warmer day. It was duly marked on the spec sheet for future reference in case anything came of it. It doesn't sound "mechanical", but more like a interference noise when the plastic bits in the console housing shrink and bind until it heats up. Used to get it all the time in my old Mustang in the steering column.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts