Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much searching and looking, took one for a drive in Fullerton, Ca. The CT really impressed me and I knew that I had made the right choice of AWD to purchase, now, who had what I wanted? Irvine had several colors available in the limited, as I wanted black leather only. They were not willing to deal very much for the tangerine limited they had, and still do I believe, on their lot. So I walked out the door. Cash ready to buy the car too!!! They just did not seem to care. So off my brother in law and I went to Monrovia, Ca. to Sierra Subaru. They had just 2 tangerine's in stock. One was not optioned the way I wanted. the second was, however there was already someone there trying to get loan approval for the car. As it turned out, they were not able to get loan approval, so it was available again! They were willing to work with me and I was able to get the car and options I wanted(except for the splash guards) for the price I was willing to pay for it! I would go back there again. Irvine did call me back a few days later and wanted to know if I was still interested in the tangerine. I called them back and told them that since they were unwilling to work with me, I have already purchased what I wanted from another dealership......and for less money too. I really like my 2014 Crosstrek XV limited in tangerine and black leather int. ;). And it is (so far) the only one up in Big Bear, Ca.!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Kool! I got my Tangerine about a month ago in Seattle. There was only one available on the lot in the entire state. There was a couple others but were listed as "in transit." I wanted a moon-roof and would have preferred a "limited" but got a premium with the options I wanted (rear spoiler, splash guards etc) I think its the "option 2 package." One thing I did realize is that Subaru dealers were unwilling to trade with other dealers for hard to find models. I had to drive to Seattle to get mine so I passed on the free oil changes but they knocked off another $500. So far I am pleased with my XV and I have only seen one other Tangerine in western Washington (I'm sure there's more). I'm glad Subaru decided not to flood the market with that color. 8)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went through a similar situation! I started out looking at a Crosstrek premium 5MT at another dealership, barebones with no accessories what so ever. I was trying to negotiate in the roof spoiler, sport mesh grill, and body side moldings and they were not willing to give me enough for my trade (a 2011 Mustang GT California Special). I had the cash on hand and made it known but still they were unwilling to work something out. I left the lot and the next day went do a different dealership and purchased my 2013 XV Limited! They allowed me to add on all of the options I wanted and gave me a price close to the 5MT with options I had been looking at. The other dealership called back a few days later and were quite upset that I bought my XV somewhere else, especially because we had purchased a 2010 Outback from them a few years earlier. Too bad for them, they lost a sale and I got a much better deal elsewhere!

The dealerships are Gillman Subaru (the place I originally looked) and Northpark Subaru (where I purchased my XV) both located in San Antonio, TX.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mrmb218 said:
I went through a similar situation! I started out looking at a Crosstrek premium 5MT at another dealership, barebones with no accessories what so ever. I was trying to negotiate in the roof spoiler, sport mesh grill, and body side moldings and they were not willing to give me enough for my trade (a 2011 Mustang GT California Special). I had the cash on hand and made it known but still they were unwilling to work something out. I left the lot and the next day went do a different dealership and purchased my 2013 XV Limited! They allowed me to add on all of the options I wanted and gave me a price close to the 5MT with options I had been looking at. The other dealership called back a few days later and were quite upset that I bought my XV somewhere else, especially because we had purchased a 2010 Outback from them a few years earlier. Too bad for them, they lost a sale and I got a much better deal elsewhere!

The dealerships are Gillman Subaru (the place I originally looked) and Northpark Subaru (where I purchased my XV) both located in San Antonio, TX.

Very odd and bad for that dealership whom you had already purchased from in the past. One would think that if you had purchased from them in the past and you returned, that they would work with you. No one recommended a dealership to me, I just went out cold turkey with cash, no trade-in, after doing research. Irvine I found out, was VERY stuck-up/conceded in that they "claimed" to be the largest Subaru dealership in the area and has the most stock on hand and sells the most. And they did tell me that a few other dealerships did not trade with them....that should have been a clue. I think you are correct on the package number. My window sticker(which I still have and will keep) has "option package:01 - standard package"; full tank of gas,all weather floor mats, auto-dim mirror/comp/homelink, rear bumper cover & seat back protector. I got them to toss in wheel locks and I purchased the splash guards on ebay and installed both locks and guards here(very easy). I thought on the rear spoiler, but think I will opt for the sport grill instead. Glad you were able to get what you were after and for what you are happy to pay. That is the main thing. If you do not get want you want.....do not settle! You will not be happy. Congrats!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts