Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this on the web... says Impreza - but doesn't include the XV in the recall. Isn't it basically an Impreza?

Some Subaru owners may be having a little deja vu today. The car company is recalling more than 660,000 vehicles, half of which were recalled for the same problem last year – a brake line issue that could make it difficult to stop.
Subaru announced the recall Friday because the brake line in the vehicles can rust and leak fluid, which could cause the car to take longer to stop, the Associated Press reports.

Affected models include the 2005 to 2009 Legacy and Outback, 2008 to 2014 Impreza and the 2009 to 2013 Forester.

http://consumerist.com/2014/07/03/subaru-recalls-660000-vehicles-becasue-being-able-to-stop-is-necessary/

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I thought the XV had some better brakes than those that are on the Impreza in order to help with the weight gain but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny thing is I brought my XV to my dealer for an oil change this morning before I heard about the recall. They didn't mention it to me, so perhaps it's not included. We'll see.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No recalls listed for my wife's 2013 XV on mysubaru.com. Subaru is pretty good about updating things there fairly quickly. Saw notice of all three recalls for my 07 Forester there well in advance of actually hearing about them from other sources. Of course, this is no guarantee. Have to wait and see.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't think the XV is included in that recall, and I called my father-in-law about it because his car and his wife's are both included in the recall and he said he already knew about it and he has them checked often and they are still in good condition, which is good considering the winter we just had here in PA. I also told my mom about it because she has a 2011 forester and is taking hers in next week for an oil change, we'll see what they say about hers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Surprising we aren't on it considering I have only had my '14 for 8 months and the undercarriage already looks like it's 10 years old. Copious amounts of surface rust everywhere. Maybe our brake line couplings and brackets are more improved rust resistant materials.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I haven't seen anything which officially names the Crosstrek, but if it's including up to the '14 Impreza I'd be surprised if we don't end up on the list as well.

fyi - Brake Line Recall WQK-47

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just booked an appointment for 3 recalls, pcv, ignitionand brake lines.
There was a fourth one which included a head unit software upgrade but I do those myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Subaru is reviewing around 199,000 vehicles and SUVs for a subsequent time to fix corroded brake lines that can release liquid and cause longer halting separations.
The review covers the 2009 through 2013 Forester, 2008 through 2011 Impreza, and the 2008 through 2014 WRX and WRX-STI models. It influences jdm car in 20 U.S. chilly climate states and Washington, D.C., where salt is utilized to clear streets in the winter.
Subaru says in reports posted Thursday by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that salty water can sprinkle on the brake lines through a hole in the fuel tank defender. That can cause rust and breaks. A review from a year ago for a similar issue didn't work because of deficient fix directions to vendors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts