Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the threads I could find on the idiosyncrasies (read idiocy) of the Subaru factory remote start. I can still see the good in having something that says Subaru on it, though.
Has anyone self installed a 'Subaru' remote start system on a Crosstrek?

How difficult was it?

Does the system come with instructions?

What is the range you experienced from the remote?

I was quoted $580 (all included) for the Subaru system installed. That is a few bucks more than a Viper at the local shop that will not turn off when you open the door. I am fairly capable when it comes to things like this. I just want to have all the facts about whether I could do the Subaru one myself.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
As far as I know the factory remote start is plug & play but requires programming by the dealer. The install seems a bit complicated because you have to remove numerous parts of the interior/dashboard. There's a pdf available on the Subaru tech site.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
If it requires programming by the dealer, I'm presuming it will require Subaru's proprietary scantool called the Subaru Select Monitor, which I am aware is supposedly in its third generation. If it does, it will require this expensive scan tool so unless you have access to one (presuming the installation requires the scantool), it would be far cheaper to take it to the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts