Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Crosstrek Premium with EyeSight and factory brand remote starter. The issue I am having is run time (for the starter) First off is does work well (for starting, including distance) But shuts off after 3 minutes.
I know that the run time can be changed and have reset it in the past. However a little over a month ago the re-set or run time would not reset...
I brought it back to the dealer and they reset it (lasted a few weeks) and then it went back to 3 minutes on its own... It will not reset (following the directions on the starter again) it's stuck in 3 minute mode (which really does not cool the vehicle off enough... Does anybody know how the dealer resets it when the, starter reset is not working the way its supposed too?

·
Registered
35 Posts
No, but it is only supposed to turn off after 15 minutes. My sister has a Forester, and she uses remote start mostly in winter to warm-up vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Crosstrek Premium with EyeSight and factory brand remote starter. The issue I am having is run time (for the starter) First off is does work well (for starting, including distance) But shuts off after 3 minutes.
I know that the run time can be changed and have reset it in the past. However a little over a month ago the re-set or run time would not reset...
I brought it back to the dealer and they reset it (lasted a few weeks) and then it went back to 3 minutes on its own... It will not reset (following the directions on the starter again) it's stuck in 3 minute mode (which really does not cool the vehicle off enough... Does anybody know how the dealer resets it when the, starter reset is not working the way its supposed too?
We have a 2018 Crosstrek with factory remote start. It also times out in 3 minutes. I can't locate any information in any of the manuals about changing the run time. I tried a procedure from another forum cycling the key on and off 3 times then leaving it on, followed by opening the drivers door... this was a bust... We are going to have to go back to the dealer. We live in cold country and its useless to have to restart the car every three minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts