Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pretty impressive.

Do you guys think Subaru will ever be as big as say Honda or Toyota? Or are they destined to be a niche market automaker forever?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
AWDking said:
Pretty impressive.

Do you guys think Subaru will ever be as big as say Honda or Toyota? Or are they destined to be a niche market automaker forever?
I am going to say they stay niche. As much as I love Subaru, their designs are pretty unique (aka a lot of people don't like them) and AWD and turbos just simply aren't appealing to a lot of consumers -- they think, "why get a Subaru when I can get a Corolla or Civic?" I'm not saying they're wrong, a lot of people have no need for AWD with ground clearance, or a 305HP turbo rocket.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
AWDking said:
Pretty impressive.

I am going to say they stay niche. As much as I love Subaru, their designs are pretty unique (aka a lot of people don't like them) and AWD and turbos just simply aren't appealing to a lot of consumers -- they think, "why get a Subaru when I can get a Corolla or Civic?" I'm not saying they're wrong, a lot of people have no need for AWD with ground clearance, or a 305HP turbo rocket.
THIS.

As much as I love Subaru, I understand they can be "overkill" for a lot of people. So it's destined to stay a niche manufacturer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts