Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
It would be interesting to see a XV w/a CVT transmission and one w/a Manual do the same course.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the CVT model has a 60/40 power distribution, between the front and rear wheels, and it normally drives in 2WD, via the front wheels, and engages the rear when slippage is detected, where as, w/the manual transmission model, it is suppose to have a 50/50 power distribution, and is full time AWD.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can really see the lack of articulation in the suspension and the low approach and departure angles.
Just remember that it's not a Jeep. I would hate to hear about anyone hurting their XV.

·
Registered
611 Posts
At 4:26 into this, their's a guy standing in front of the car. Top of the hood and roof are white, is that your car or is this a copy and paste from YouTube site? If it's your car painted on top who did it and what did it cost? Is it a decal that can be purchased?

·
Registered
25 Posts
billybob said:
At 4:26 into this, their's a guy standing in front of the car. Top of the hood and roof are white, is that your car or is this a copy and paste from YouTube site? If it's your car painted on top who did it and what did it cost? Is it a decal that can be purchased?
The vehicles come delivered from the factory w/a white plastic sheet of plastic over parts of the vehicle in order to protect it from damage during shipping. My XV still has a little remaining in one corner of the hood that I have to remove. As to why this guy still has his on his hood and roof, I don't know. Maybe the vehicle just got delivered to the dealer. If you look inside, it looks like there is a tag hanging the rear view mirror. Also the is something attached to the driver's door edge as well.

·
Registered
611 Posts
That stripe look good! As far as the tag on the door. I think it was a caution tag saying don't hit leg when opening door! And the tag on the review mirror, was no need to look back. Use mirror to see cars behind you, before changing lanes. LOL!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The photo at 4:26 is most likely around time of purchase (no dirt on tires as shown later in video). Time 0:30 the XV is shown without the protective film. Just a guess of course :).

·
Registered
28 Posts
GoHack said:
It would be interesting to see a XV w/a CVT transmission and one w/a Manual do the same course.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the CVT model has a 60/40 power distribution, between the front and rear wheels, and it normally drives in 2WD, via the front wheels, and engages the rear when slippage is detected, where as, w/the manual transmission model, it is suppose to have a 50/50 power distribution, and is full time AWD.
Cnet agrees with your post, but it doesn't normally drive in 2WD, it's 60/40 until something happens to the traction.

http://www.cnet.com/news/not-every-subaru-all-wheel-drive-system-is-created-equal/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts