1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
820 Posts
Wonder which motor is in that Crosstrek? Might it be the diesel? Couldn't find info on the video. Obviously shot abroad.

·
Registered
109 Posts
All that comes to mind at the end is that the Mazda really does have a little extra "zoom zoom." Although it looks from video shake like the XV had a much smoother ride until it reaches the higher speeds.

·
Registered
354 Posts
webcricket said:
All that comes to mind at the end is that the Mazda really does have a little extra "zoom zoom." Although it looks from video shake like the XV had a much smoother ride until it reaches the higher speeds.
We test drove the cx-5 before the Subaru & it was no comparison for us! The funny thing is when we 1st starting looking hubby pretty much wanted Subaru from beginning..I had only seen pics on crosstrek online & thought it was ok..but I loved the mazda cx-5 after test driving mazda I wasn't impressed...then we drove the crosstrek & I was converted over to Subaru!lol The crosstrek was definitely a smoother ride!

·
Registered
820 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
Ok, am I the only one that didn't realize we were watching km/h and thought "damn, that Crosstrek hit 60mph WAY faster than mine!" Anyone else...?
[/
Yep. Fell for it !! I'm still thinking diesel....? Also a different speedo/tach layout. Gotta be Euro or somewhere else abroad.

·
Registered
800 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
Ok, am I the only one that didn't realize we were watching km/h and thought "damn, that Crosstrek hit 60mph WAY faster than mine!" Anyone else...?
I had the same thought. Didn't notice the km/h until they started creeping higher and higher, and I found myself thinking "this can't be right...."

·
Registered
109 Posts
tmorgan66030 said:
We test drove the cx-5 before the Subaru & it was no comparison for us! The funny thing is when we 1st starting looking hubby pretty much wanted Subaru from beginning..I had only seen pics on crosstrek online & thought it was ok..but I loved the mazda cx-5 after test driving mazda I wasn't impressed...then we drove the crosstrek & I was converted over to Subaru!lol The crosstrek was definitely a smoother ride!
Definitely no comparison for me either! The Mazda really lacked in the useful power department. I simply meant the CX-5 had an extra 10/kph top speed compared to the XV (thus the extra zoom zoom).

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I loved my 2011 Mazda 3 2.5L hatch so I was really surprised by how little the CX-5 interested me. I test drove it 10 minutes after testing the Crosstrek and the decision was easy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Still haven't made it down to the local Subaru dealer to try out an XV.
We have a Mazda dealer in the town where I work, so I stopped in recently & tested a CX-5 & I definitely couldn't live with that every day. With the auto, it felt slower than my wife's Civic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts