Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Interesting! Guess better late than never....

Liking the wheels a lot!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Wow...cool color. Different wheels.
I couldn't get the full press release to come up. Would like to see what the new wrx sti looks like.

BTW, the new Forester is much improved. I think maybe if they had been more readily available and I would have studied them more, maybe would have gone that way. Really do like my Crosstrek though.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The hybrid doesn't have much appeal to me but I bet it will for many others. I hope the performance vehicle is the WRX/STI and not some badass turbo Crosstrek. That would make me cry.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Also a informative article at Greencars.com. By John Voelcker.....as well as picks of a "advanced Tourer concept"- Which looks beautiful.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Very cool, glad Subaru is getting into the hybrid game. I am not interested in a hybrid myself until they can really match the performance of a gasoline engine, but I still think hybrids are a good thing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Twist2Stop said:
Guess that puts the nail in the diesel's coffin.
Yup. My first thought to this announcement was "wait...this is the opposite direction of what I'd like to see." Yeah I'm a bit selfish and want to see some more performance.

Honestly I thought the plain old Impreza would be the first.

·
Registered
243 Posts
contrail_25 said:
Twist2Stop said:
Yup. My first thought to this announcement was "wait...this is the opposite direction of what I'd like to see." Yeah I'm a bit selfish and want to see some more performance.

Honestly I thought the plain old Impreza would be the first.
That would have made more sense to me.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Twist2Stop said:
Actually I think a diesel-electric hybrid would be quite desirable :)

Shame that won't happen in the USA...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too agree that Subaru should bring the diesel here. But if they're going to base the Crosstrek hybrid off the Viziv from Geneva, sign me up.

They did say the Viziv was the future of Subaru technology and style, I don't know if they meant this quickly but that system is more of a performance hybrid than a Prius.

(If you don't know about the Viziv, do a YouTube search on it. There's a good video from Subaru called "SUBARU VIZIV CONCEPT Technology Movie" that explains the technology. I tried to post a link here but the site won't let me.)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
JPSmith said:
I too agree that Subaru should bring the diesel here. But if they're going to base the Crosstrek hybrid off the Viziv from Geneva, sign me up.

They did say the Viziv was the future of Subaru technology and style, I don't know if they meant this quickly but that system is more of a performance hybrid than a Prius.

(If you don't know about the Viziv, do a YouTube search on it. There's a good video from Subaru called "SUBARU VIZIV CONCEPT Technology Movie" that explains the technology. I tried to post a link here but the site won't let me.)
Is this the video you mention: [SUBARU] SUBARU VIZIV CONCEPT Technology Movie

Sorry about the no links thing, it's only until you hit five posts. It's to help us avoid some really bad spam that we were originally getting on the site.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
JPSmith said:

Is this the video you mention: [SUBARU] SUBARU VIZIV CONCEPT Technology Movie

Sorry about the no links thing, it's only until you hit five posts. It's to help us avoid some really bad spam that we were originally getting on the site.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!
That could be a very good thing. I would love to see this in person.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just joined, doing research for future purchase, and the crosstrek is the leading contender for me. Looking closely at the upcoming hybrid, not so much for the MPG, I'm more interested in the GPM (gallons per month) I might save, and offsetting that against the anticipated bump in purchase price. Most of my weekly driving is in downtown chicago, 5 miles / day. If the hybrid will truely go on just electric up to 25 mph, for a range of 20 miles, I may not burn any gasoline in a week except to charge the battery after I reach the 20 mile range limit. I have a short distance (live downtown as well) and it is all stop and go, red light/green light stuff. So 'all electric' would be great for that.
Then occasionally I will jet off for a round trip 1200 - 1800 miles adventure to visit family (dallas, minneapolis, custer). So the reasonable 34 mpg hwy rating will be nice (currently at 20 mpg hwy in my dodge dakota quadcab - not a city vehicle!).
And the AWD is what I want for the wet/snow/ice times.

Keeping a watchful eye!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts