Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I really like the Crosstrek and will most likely make a purchase soon. In the mean time I was looking for photos of a Crosstrek with a factory installed trailer hitch. Anyone out there have a factory installed trailer hitch and can provide some photos? I'm working on identifying the options I need and a trailer hitch sounds like a good idea for a bike rack I already own.

Thanks

·
Registered
500 Posts
Jahyma said:
Hi all - I really like the Crosstrek and will most likely make a purchase soon. In the mean time I was looking for photos of a Crosstrek with a factory installed trailer hitch. Anyone out there have a factory installed trailer hitch and can provide some photos? I'm working on identifying the options I need and a trailer hitch sounds like a good idea for a bike rack I already own.

Thanks
Bear in mind the factory hitch only comes in a 1 1/4" hitch option.

Frankly I'd look somewhere else. The Subaru hitch is $450 before labor to install, as they replace the rear bumper. Curt and Torklift each make hitches for the XV for far less ($150 and $250 respectively) that come in 1 1/4" or 2" and can each be installed in 1-2 hrs. And they both look better on the XV, to boot, if you ask me. I went with the Torklift and so far I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. Looks like the torklift goes through the knock out on the bumper and the factory hitch might not. I like the idea of the torklift since it looks better and is less conspicuous. If the factory installed hitch does not use the knock out on the bumper then what is the knockout used for?

thanks,

·
Registered
927 Posts
The knockout is used on XV's outside the US for a fog light... not an option for US XV's

·
Registered
927 Posts
chasem said:
The factory hitch comes from under the bumper fascia requiring part of it to be cut
That is one thing I don't like about it... I would go with the hidden hitch inside the bumper cover personally if I ever decide to install a hitch. Bad part of that is the hitch pin is also installed from behind the bumper cover... could make for a P.I.T.A. if the weather was bad.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks - I'm leaning towards the torklift hitch and installing it myself. I still need to confirm that it won't void the car warranty though???

I just received the instructions from torklift and will look this over. I called around in my local area to see if there were any companies that have installed these types of hitches but unfortunately no local company had any experience with the torklift and the Crosstrek. So long story short I'll most likely do the install when I get the car.

·
Registered
500 Posts
There's no reason it should void the warranty.

The install isn't so bad. It's easiest if you have at least one person to help. I posted the couple areas where I'd been slightly confused on my install thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.