Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't looked too deep into this since most of the information seems to be outside the US... BUT....

A 40% increase in power!?!?! BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

Would it not be awesome to bring this stateside ( if they haven't already ) Even at $4900 for a full system.... too good to be true? I can dream...

http://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=71

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't want to do this to my daily driver, well I do but I won't. Eventually there are going to be some very cool XVs out there and I am going to be jealous.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya... just think about it.....

Crusin in the XV... then another Subie pulls along side ( take your pick, but imagine a wing, rims and exhaust )....

You have a sleeper.... looks stock, but little do they know... lol!!! As you blow the doors off and the open jaw in the rear view mirror slowly fades...

ah....... ( WAKE UP)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Oh man, that would be awesome. I would probably only do it (as much as I would WANT to) if the car was more of a project, not a daily driver.

I dream of one day going all out on my Crosstrek as a project car.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Now that is tempting....nice to see the aftermarket kicking in. Relatively soon too. Tribute to our brethren Subaru owners and their historic willingness to mod.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Xtrekr said:

Crusin in the XV... then another Subie pulls along side ( take your pick, but imagine a wing, rims and exhaust )....

You have a sleeper.... looks stock, but little do they know... lol!!! As you blow the doors off and the open jaw in the rear view mirror slowly fades...

ah....... ( WAKE UP)
Sleepers are the best. My sister had a 2008 Forester XT. Her hubbie put in the Jdm sti turbo, sti tmic, 06 WRX brakes, sway bars, coil overs, oil cooler, bigger catch can, stage 4 clutch, Cobb Turboback, new fuel injectors, and a full Tune and was putting down 330 whp. Sti's, wrx's and evo's would pull up and once in a while want o race and her Foz would smoke em. It looked bone stock, other than the lowered look and Cobb exhaust. I loved that car but she sold it for a 2013 sti. Only time will tell what her hubbie will do to that car.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
spyder720 said:
Xtrekr said:

ah....... ( WAKE UP)
Sleepers are the best. My sister had a 2008 Forester XT. Her hubbie put in the Jdm sti turbo, sti tmic, 06 WRX brakes, sway bars, coil overs, oil cooler, bigger catch can, stage 4 clutch, Cobb Turboback, new fuel injectors, and a full Tune and was putting down 330 whp. Sti's, wrx's and evo's would pull up and once in a while want o race and her Foz would smoke em. It looked bone stock, other than the lowered look and Cobb exhaust. I loved that car but she sold it for a 2013 sti. Only time will tell what her hubbie will do to that car.
That sounds awesome. A shame she sold it but the 2013 STi's are nothing to mess with, either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any idea what the stock CVT can handle HP wise? That maybe a great mod for the stick but not too sure about how the CVT handles power. Sure would be fun however...

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
code54 said:
Any idea what the stock CVT can handle HP wise? That maybe a great mod for the stick but not too sure about how the CVT handles power. Sure would be fun however...
I have no idea. Isn't this specific CVT new for this year, too? If not, maybe people from the Impreza world have an idea. And, boy, would it be a blast.

Also, why can't we get a lime green XV?!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ClubCrosstrek said:
Also, why can't we get a lime green XV?!

PREACH IT BROTHER!!!!!

I Love that lime green!!!! I saw that and my jaw DROPPED!!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think the lime green was for the concept vehicle only. It makes the orange look downright conservative.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CrossTrekFan said:
I think the lime green was for the concept vehicle only. It makes the orange look downright conservative.

lol... it sure does....

Notice the wheels are slightly different as well... I heard a rumor that those are offered overseas only... I wish I could confirm that.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It won't be long until the weights and clutches on primary and secondary pulleys are R&D'd to allow a quicker transition and faster 'grab' I mean... they already do this on the snowmobiles which run the same basic concepts.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Xtrekr said:
It won't be long until the weights and clutches on primary and secondary pulleys are R&D'd to allow a quicker transition and faster 'grab' I mean... they already do this on the snowmobiles which run the same basic concepts.
I think Perrin and Grimspeed already have lightweight pulleys available for this engine.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts