Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally did it. Put a tablet into the car. You can either get a tablet w/ data or tether (if allowed by carrier) from phone. I did the later.

I love how it looks stock and sounds great w/ the radio. If I get more interest, I'll lay out the details.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
That's pretty slick! I'm guessing you didn't have the backup camera, but if so do you keep the cameras function?

If I didn't have the nav unit already, this would be high on my mod list lol.

Was it a pretty straight forward install?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man...I had the stock basic radio. There is an aftermarket camera I can connect to the tablet but so far didn't really have a need for it. Not straight forward since I made some extra mods and still have an the after market radio (seen above) still inside.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That looks impressive.

Would be great to know how you did it. I've been considering a Parrot Asteroid Smart but the fact that it's running Gingerbread still has me in two minds.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Yeah I was thinking of the parrot but since it only allowed certain apps and lagged behind w updates I had to use the nexus 7.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks.. I either use my unlimited data plan or do some war diving :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks...speakers are connected to a radio behind the tablet..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks man! It's still working despite e cold weather.. I just hope it makes it by the summer

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I used crutchfield or amazon. They are pretty easy to find.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
No sorry I don't but this what was done
- pulled off console bezel w plastic prying tool.
-pulled out stock radio
- installed small firm factor radio with steering wheel controls to have steering wheel controls work. Also need one w 3.11 mm jack and USB connector
- connected nexus 7 2012 to black matte bezel. On amazing for a few dollars. Used ties to link tablet to bezel.
- connect 3.11 mm cord from tablet to radio
- connected tablet USB to radio USB connector ( thhat's the one thing i dont recall exactly. )
-hot glue tablet bezel to inside of console bezel.
-Turn on inigtion and test connectity.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts